Love Letters

Love Letters

A Story by tyson

I hid the letters she had written me in the pocket of an old coat and hung it back on the rack with the others. She knew I normally kept them in the safe. We had been drinking one night and I was foolish enough to tell her. She wanted them back and she was already on her way. When she arrived, I refused to give them to her and let the scavenger hunt begin.

 

She hit the safe first. She found the key hidden in an old glasses case; she had seen me hide it there before. The letters were gone and she wasn’t impressed. However, my passport, spare keys and pipe- were not. She threw the keys and passport my way, but pocketed the pipe. F**k.

 

I tried to snatch it out, but her hands got in the way. The second time was a success. She sat down on top of the bed while I locked my things away. She was hurt and wanted to hurt me. She felt betrayed. I could see it in her eyes. I knew I was responsible. I couldn’t bear to look at her. I couldn’t bear to see the monster I had created. I had become the poison that was slowly killing this girl.

 

I sat next to her on the bed and pushed up against her arm. She was warm. There was a silence that grabbed a hold of time and prolonged it. I lifted her chin up and apologised for everything. She slapped me in the face, hard- and again twice more. By the third, tears were rolling down her cheeks. She tried so hard to hold them back. I clutched her wrist just before the fourth.

 

My head dropped against hers. I held her close; our rhythm was out. I could feel my eyes welling with guilt. They wandered off to the memory of our love. It was big, but it was gone. I kissed the side of her face. I told her that, ‘everything was going to be all right’. I knew it wasn’t and so did she. She stayed the night and it was beautiful. She left early the next morning.

 

We broke up three days later. 

© 2013 tyson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

F**k. I was numb before reading this... now i'm feeling things again. Thanx a lot a*****e. LOL KIDDING.

Posted 10 Years Ago


tyson

10 Years Ago

ahaha, glad to get you feeling again, brother!
It is interesting to see this through your eyes and how you see her pain and describe it. Sad ending. xo Winter

Posted 10 Years Ago


tyson

10 Years Ago

Sad ending, but that's life and there's not much choice other than to grow from it. Thanks for readi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2013
Last Updated on October 14, 2013

Author

tyson
tyson

Perth, Fremantle, Australia



About
Born in Fremantle, Western Australia. 1993. more..

Writing
Dream No.1 Dream No.1

A Poem by tyson


I Favoured Him I Favoured Him

A Poem by tyson



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..