3: Tears Do Nothing

3: Tears Do Nothing

A Chapter by Anonymous
"

Chapter three of Remembering Innocence.

"
3: Tears Do Nothing

      "You think you'll ever amount to anything? Don't count on it."
      "Nobody wants you."
      "Your life is worthless."
     

      Maybe all of those things are true.

      "You ungrateful tramp! I provide for your life! That means you can't go running away, s**t. You do what I say, when I say it."
      "But momma!..."
      "No buts this time, 'baby girl'. I'll teach you a lesson that'll show what happens when you run away from me."
     


      Noah's head flung from the pillow, cold sweat pouring down her forehead. She held her fingers to her temples as her head throbbed painfully. Streaming down her face were still-flowing tears that clouded her vision. She didn't have a blanket on, so she used her bare arm to wipe her face.
      I can't take these nightmares anymore... Noah thought, wrapping her arms around herself. She sat with her knees against her chest on a bare, rickety bed. There was one throw pillow at the foot of the bed, but nothing else. The bed sat in a dark corner of an unappealing room, which had faded wood paneled walls and creaky wooden floors. The only other things in the room were a dresser and a small window with torn floral curtains.

      Maybe someone will want me someday. I just have to keep trying... Noah thought to herself. A single tear rolled down her pale cheek. She wore nothing but very short, ripped shorts and a tank top. Her feet were bare and her skin had goosebumps from the lack of heat in the building.
      "Noah Rae Constance, get down here now!" screeched a voice from downstairs. Noah jumped from the bed and yanked open her dresser drawer. She rummaged frantically through the clothes, and pulled out the only clean thing- the same things she wore yesterday. 
      Oh no! I didn't get up to- Noah began thinking. Another scream cut into her thought.
      "Noah!! Get down now!"
      She started out of her room, jumping up and down trying to adjust the leggings that were half-on her legs. She grabbed her glasses quickly and flung open the door.
      When she finally zoomed downstairs into the kitchen, she was greeted by a drunk woman with bloodshot eyes who held a rolling pin...



      "Hi, Noah!" said Rosie, smiling sweetly. She held Jason's hand, which was shockingly larger than her's.
      "H-hello, Rosie... Jason," Noah said, trying as hard as possible to show a smile. Rosie was staring at something on Noah's head, and she eventually pointed it out and asked her what happened. There was a black and blue spot right on her hairline, above her right eye. There was a faint mark of dried blood running down her forehead. Noah forced a smile and touched the mark with her fingertips.
      "Oh... That? It's nothing, I... I ran into my door this morning," she said hesitantly. Rosie was silent and expressionless for a moment, then put on a giant grin.
      "Oh! I hope you get better soon," she chimed happily. Her and Jason walked away together down the hall, and Noah let out a relieved sigh.
      That was close... she thought. I wish the mark could be hidden...
     
     
      "Noah!" called Xavier. He ran down the hallway, his backpack on one shoulder and his coat flowing in the wind.
      "O-oh, hi, Xavier," Noah replied, blushing hotly. Xavier stopped by Noah, panting with his hands on his knees. He looked up at her.
      "Sorry, Noah, but," he said. "I lost that watch you gave me... I'm really sorry."
      "Oh... It-its fine," she stuttered. Xavier smiled, but then he caught sight of the mark on Noah's head. He looked a little worried.
      "What happened, Noah?" he asked.
      "I... I ran into my door this morning," she replied as smoothly as possible.
      Xavier wasn't so sure it was as she said. He suddenly pulled Noah into his grasp, where he held her head in his hands gently. She gasped as her chest met his. Noah was wrapped in his warmth as Xavier inspected her mark.
      "X... Xavier," she squeaked. He held for a little bit longer, then he released her and smiled.
      "I hope it gets better soon," he said sweetly. Xavier said goodbye and walked away, leaving Noah in the middle of the hallway. She still was frozen and shocked from what he'd done.
      She wondered if he would ever think of her like she did, him. Tears began flowing down her face.
      Noah took her long sleeve and wiped her face, once again. She put on a determined face and stopped her tears.

      Tears do nothing.
     
     


© 2010 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
Please point out any mistakes, spelling errors, and grammatical errors. I'd like to hear any suggestions or opinions, give me your complete honesty.
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY! I don't want to be slammed or flamed by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, please. <3
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ;D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with some of the things Taylor mentioned, but otherwise it is still good. It is keeping my interest so far!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"That means you can't go running away, s**t." This didnt seem like real dialouge

I thought you said "bed" to many times

why did she need to get dressed before she went downstairs? and her room seemed very "im being abused cliche" (sorry) Make it more original I think.

This line didnt seem like real dialogue either "I wish the mark could be hidden..."

"She wondered if he would ever think of her like she did, him. " comma placement...take it out

I liked this chapter a lot. The same things from the other chapters apply to this one as well (show and tell, longer) Good luck! I do like the book

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aw! Now I feel bad for Noah!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with Corvus. This is getting really good... x) I love it so far. Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great. I was SO looking forward to the next chapter and you had to go and keep it unpublished. Well, I guess I'll have to wait xD

This book's really good so far. I can't wait to read more. Remember what I said, though, about detail.

PS: I could really imagine it as an anime television series...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am enjoying this story and I am now feeling very bad for Noah. But this really is the perfect anime.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2010
Last Updated on July 14, 2010
Tags: romance, love, happiness, sadness, sorrow, wise, girls, boys, book, fiction, innocence, faded


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


2: The Watch 2: The Watch

A Chapter by Anonymous


4: Never Again 4: Never Again

A Chapter by Anonymous