Los Estados Unidos

Los Estados Unidos

A Poem by Abraham Luna
"

If you're from the Latino community you probably have been affected by the things that have been going on with DACA, or immigration, We're stronger because we're different.

"

Abraham Luna

 

Los Estados Unidos

            Los Estados Unidos the land of the brave home of the free. This construct of freedom is all an illusion to the unprivileged person. Land that was once ours isn’t ours anymore. We elected a Cheeto into office, and now education for my hermanos is being threatened. They’re being taken away back to a land that they don’t even know. According to certain people us Mexicano’s are rapist, a lower class of a person, we’re w******s to some and in the eyes of our familia we’re just regular people. We’re profiled as gangbangers if we just simply wear red for we’re not those bad things that they say we are. EVERY race no matter what you talk about has its bad parts. There is no justice for us the minority from this bigotry that ignorant people possess. You could say we’re just trying to survive in a world that doesn’t want us to prosper when it come to the system that keeps us in prison.

© 2018 Abraham Luna


Author's Note

Abraham Luna
This may get criticism but hey I don't care this is what I feel needs to be wrote.
I'm just talking about some realities that I've come to face in my life.
Los Estados Unidos=United States
Hermanos=Brothers
Familia=Family

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this, I understand where you're coming from, never give up though.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
1 Review
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018
Tags: United States, DACA, Immigrants, Mexicanos, Trump, Minorities