Art Apprecation

Art Apprecation

A Poem by UnderTheTree
"

Figure it out...its fairly simple

"

Ten thirteen I wake up and realize I missed psychology

I get ready throw on some clothes and depart.

Always trying to look my best

For in my next class it’s her who I’m trying to impress.

Class starts shortly after eleven

The seat next to her is open,

I take it and smile.

Her blonde hair tied back, her style is unique,

I cant help but look at her, I dream of people like this.

She looks over at me,

Asks if I got number fourteen.

Responding quickly only to be unsure

She glances at her paper and gladly gives me the answer.

My work is complete.

It occurs to me though as I write these words,

Our conversations consist of art appreciation and school.

It needs to be deeper,

I have to know more.

She has been in my head, but I want more.

My favorite style, my token look

She has both but does it go deeper?

What is her personality? What makes her?

Where is she from? Where is she going?

I must find out before it’s too late.

The courage builds every class,

The want to know what makes her grows stronger.

Some day soon I will ask;

Lunch? Maybe a walk around campus?

I’m captured by this art that she is

Art Appreciation

Hah, I can get used to this.

© 2009 UnderTheTree


Author's Note

UnderTheTree
dont be harsh... i rarely write. just gimme some input.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ok, input you want. This is really, really good. You take the reader as a shot-gun passenger through your venture. Your thoughts flow very smoothy and it is very nicely done. You might like some writes by LJW or Doctor (He's abit raw, but you will see what I mean, his style). Keep those thoughts flowing to the paper.
Lynne

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i agree with emma, it's more a short story/daydream than a poem, but it has a simple and sweet flow. nice write :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


^.^ Aww, that's so cute!! It's refreshing to see that romance novels, where the guy ISN'T a real jaggoff just like in life, were made for something that actually DOES exist!! A myth was just proven right--men do actually over-analyze and dream about the opposite sex, just like women do. Absolutely adorable. I loved it.

And FYI....I think 'she' would love it just as well!! (Probably more, since it's about 'her'.) I think giving her this would be a great way to show her how you've thought so long and hard about her, that she captivates you and interests you even when she isn't there. It'd be a great way to open up. :) Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



I like this and feel that you are just delving into your gift as a writer. One ? though- it sounds as if she asks for an answer, then it becomes obvious you asked for the answer. minor fix. Hope you continue to write, looking forward to see your progression. Glad you decided to join this site.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, I can only imagine how many you have touched (and will touch) with your words. We have all been there and can relate. Sometimes simplicity can project so much more because it's uncomplicated and straight forward and we all need that. I love your style and look forward to reading more. Thank you so much for sharing and please, give yourself more credit.... your amazing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You nailed it. People like pictures are all unique works of art. You have found the masterpiece that you want to sit and admire while studying it. Your appreciation for this stunning young picture comes through.
As paintings and still art have meaning so do this portrait of a young lady. You will need to study her to see what the true meaning lies behind this profile that sits next to you in class. You did a great job with this work. Catches the attention and holds. You have created a work of word art to decribe the art critic in Art Appreciation 101.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is really good, more a story than a poem, but flows gently and very sweetly. The Art Appreciation line suggests the girl you fancy and that's a great clue to your ability as a writer.

' It needs to be deeper, I have to know more. She has been in my head, but I want more. '

You could so easily write more too ... part two maybe?

Thanks lots for sharing.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

663 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2009
Last Updated on September 22, 2009

Author

UnderTheTree
UnderTheTree

Yupp



About
I dont generally write, but sometimes i feel like it... Im a novice. I use elementary words. I dont care usually. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Demented Demented

A Poem by Jason