Hypocrites

Hypocrites

A Poem by Underestimated
"

All those pretty people, listen up.

"

Those girls who are attractive

Thin and beautiful

The ones with shiny locks

And are reaking hypocritical

 

The girl who brags

I’ve got ten guys on me

But then says with grace

I’d rather be ugly

 

Every boy is in love with me,

She says endlessly

Then she’ll say like an angel

I don’t care what others think

 

I wish those girls would see

They’ve never been overweight

They’ve never been ugly

So they should really try it

And tell me what they think

 

They say that world wouldn’t bother them

But they take a step inside

And see the transformation

Of Dr. Pretty to Mr. Hyde

 

But what they have is on the outside

My beauty stays forever

So laugh at me

Call me names

But I’ll always be the winner

© 2012 Underestimated


Author's Note

Underestimated
Sorry, this is personally a rant. I was really angry when one of my good friends became like this because she lost ten pounds and was tons more shapely than before. And the girl in the cover picture isn't me, I just picked her randomly off of google.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The last stanza says it all for me, its all a farce on the outside. Beauty is skin deep........These girls a full of S...! This poem depicts the whole situation, spot on!
Welldone, keep writing, and keep believing in you :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a fantastic rant. You should rant more often! I really enjoyed this. Such truth in your words. An important message, said with great vigour. Wonderful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


they should try being ugly for a moment...maybe what happens would suprise them.. i hate girls like that who think theyre perfect because no one ever is.

Posted 11 Years Ago


No need to be sorry!! It is good to vent out and you have done a good job here. I am in love with the last stanza, such optimism in the last line - "But I'll always be the winner".

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
dont be sorry, this is part of you coping up with life. Writing your feelings is a great way to express and letting the anger out. true beauty stays forever in our hearts and soul.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh bravo! I'm with you on this. I can't stand when someone tries to act better than everyone else because maybe they're skinnier or has had more guys wanting them. In the end, you're in fact the winner. Haven't you heard that the true beauty is within? So if you have an excellent personality you outbeat those girls. :D I see it that way. I am proud of how I look. I use to be ashamed because I wasn't as skinny, pretty, or having guys dropping down to my feet. But I could care less what people think. Your last stanza is amazing :)
Great job. Keep your chin up. You're the TRUE winner.


Ashley Rivers--Dream BIG and you'll win BIG:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


YAY! Great poem. Absolutely loved it. I'm 30 and yet this takes me back. Liked the words and the flow. Keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Personal rants give birth to great poetry they stir true emotions in the writer and those emotions transpose truth to the reader.

Posted 11 Years Ago


nice poem. I liked it and added it to my library :) "I'll always be the winner" finishes well i think - its true that what's only on the inside that matters XD great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

542 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 22, 2012
Last Updated on May 22, 2012
Tags: ugly, pretty, hypocrites, overweight, outside, boys, girls

Author

Underestimated
Underestimated

About
I'm thirteen. A very young and inexperienced writer. I love romance, adventure and supsense writing. (and maybe, just a little bit of horror) But I am so excited to see what I'll learn being here! .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Barren! Barren!

A Poem by DIVYA


~ Dreams till Dawn ~ Dreams till Dawn

A Poem by