Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Roxi L

Tabitha

 

         I walked up the porch of my new house. It was a two story victorian style house. There was a brown bay window in the front and a spacious, green covered yard in the back. My room was the 3rd door on the right on the 2nd floor.

         "What cha think, kiddo?" My step-father Marcus asked me.

         "I think it's just what we need." I replied. His eyes lit up.

         "Marcus, honey, can you help me get the bags out of the car?" My mother, Renee, called from the trunk of our blue station wagon.

         "Yeah I'll be there in a minute! Excuse me Tabby." He walked off. I never told him, but I hate when he called me Tabby, it made me feel like a four year old. I didn't tell him because I'm grateful for the kindnesss he's shown me. I'm not the best daughter in the world.

         I grabbed my bag and started up the steps. The inside of the house was as grand as the outside. When you walk in there's a chandelier above you and a spiral staircase leading to the second story. One eaither side there is an archway leading to a seperate part of the house.

         I walked up the staircase and it creaked under my feet, like in a scary movie. I shuddered as a cold breeze slid across my back, like a snake slithering in the grass, slow and silent.

         "Tabitha"

         I stopped in my tracks and looked around. No one was there.

         "Tabitha" I heard again. This time it sounded as if it were coming right from above me, I looked and no one was there. I knew I had heard that voice before, but I could't remember where. I continued up the steps and into my bedroom.

         The walls of my bedroom were dark purple and the floor was dark hardwood. There was a king sized bed on the wall oppisite the door and bookshelves on the walls. To my left there was a door leading to a connecting, private bathroom. On the right there was a door that looked like a divider leading to a walk in closet.

         I layed my bag down on my bed and started to pull a tee-shirt out of it when I heard my name again.

         "Tabitha!" This time it was if someone right behind me said it loudly.

         I turned around and screamed.

        



© 2011 Roxi L


Author's Note

Roxi L
Ignore grammer and spelling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I WOULD HAVE SCREAMED TOO

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh no! What happens next?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love the cliffhanger1 i bet it;s the angek! ^^
like in 4 years old.- like a 4year old
scilent-silent.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful cliffhanger. You have to write more:D I wanna know who was screaming at her.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
4 Reviews
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on August 6, 2011


Author

Roxi L
Roxi L

A Kingdom Far, Far Away, MD



About
"One day you will be old enough to read fairy tales again" ~C.S. Lewis "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childho.. more..

Writing
A Work of Heart A Work of Heart

A Story by Roxi L


TRFTL: Prolouge TRFTL: Prolouge

A Chapter by Roxi L


TRFTL: Chapter 1 TRFTL: Chapter 1

A Chapter by Roxi L