Silence

Silence

A Story by VVhiteRaven
"

Soft

"

There once lived a child.  This child was afraid of sound as they made this boy feel chills go up and down the arms, gave this child a cold tremble down to his core.  With every sound the child went deeper and deeper into his mind. This child’s body  heard the sounds all the time and everywhere.  Loud accusations and the muffled voices tearing away at his soul’s foundation word by word, sentence by sentence.  One day this child could no longer look at the faces near and far without hearing the voices.  Could no longer sleep without the cold tremble pulling this child  into the comforting darkness of sleep.  This child only had one through two hours every day of a cold peace.  Very early in the morning this child would be up, listening to nothing.  This child wondered what true silence would be like, felt that true silence would be the most infinite time of peace, thought that one would be consumed by it, become part of it.   So this child who knew nothing of the world outside this hellish cage of sounds made a choice.  This child finally got to taste silence, feel the silence. The child  silenced the world ,silenced the word , silenced the whispers, silenced the worry. This child became infinite, six feet underground.

© 2014 VVhiteRaven


Author's Note

VVhiteRaven
Thank you Rogie-Doge for the helpful changes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I found this story to be very compelling due to the concrete imagery complimented by a more intricate and abstract story. Though I do not love the repetitive use of "this child" or "the child" (not suggesting you change it, just my personal opinion), this story is, nonetheless, one of the most interesting i have yet to read on this site. You capture an internal struggle common among many people in this day and age really well and with so few words. I particularly liked your description of "tearing away at his soul's foundation" and the very last sentence, both of which contain a high level of poignancy and profundity. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

VVhiteRaven

9 Years Ago

Thank you for commenting! I completely understand about the repetitive thing, sometimes it does not .. read more



Reviews

I found this story to be very compelling due to the concrete imagery complimented by a more intricate and abstract story. Though I do not love the repetitive use of "this child" or "the child" (not suggesting you change it, just my personal opinion), this story is, nonetheless, one of the most interesting i have yet to read on this site. You capture an internal struggle common among many people in this day and age really well and with so few words. I particularly liked your description of "tearing away at his soul's foundation" and the very last sentence, both of which contain a high level of poignancy and profundity. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

VVhiteRaven

9 Years Ago

Thank you for commenting! I completely understand about the repetitive thing, sometimes it does not .. read more
Good story .. great idea. Obviously not an autobiography.
Only a couple of fixes for grammar to make it read easier.
"cold tremble down to the core of one's self" would ready better as "cold tremble down to his core" or "cold tremble, the kind the goes does to the core of one's self".
"deeper into the mind" better as "deeper into his mind".
"at the soul's foundation" better as "at his soul's foundation".
"pulling this the child" should be "pulling this child".
"thought that one would be consumed" better as "thought that he would be consumed".
Also would be nice if you get rid of "silenced the sound" and have just "silenced the world, silenced the word, silenced the whispers" .. all 'w' words.
Also get rid of the 'and' at the start of the last sentence .. it will make it sound stronger just saying "This child became infinite".
Hope you don't mind the suggestions there !! :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

VVhiteRaven

9 Years Ago

I do appreciate the suggestions! I going to go through and make the changes.
Thanks again.
Rogie-Dodge

9 Years Ago

Cool. It reads much better now .. it flows. Before there was a bit of a stall at those spots to wo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2014
Last Updated on May 30, 2014
Tags: Dark, Child, Silence, suicide, words

Author

VVhiteRaven
VVhiteRaven

About
So my life consists of reading and gaming. I use VVhiteRaven on anything online or offline where I don't have to use my real name. I thinks that's it. more..