The Trial

The Trial

A Story by Valandil93
"

“Why don’t you just kill me already?” the defendant yelled in pain as he lay on the wet concrete ground...

"

"Why don't you just kill me already?" the defendant yelled in pain as he lay on the wet concrete ground, surrounded by the cloaked jury. A murmur emerged within the surrounding group who to the defendant, were towering figures amidst the pitch black sky and fog.

"We don't kill those who lie," a voice exclaimed, though it was difficult to tell who in the group said it.

"I already told you! I did not commit the crime! I'm not going to lie!" Cried the man, who was now kneeling on his knees, with tears covering his face, "I'm not going to say anything different. Just get it over with." There was a shuffling within the group, and it encircled him closer, to the point where he could see the boots of one of the jury members. The defendant spat on the boots, climbed to his knees and looked up at their covered faces to see how they'd react. He stood there for what seemed like minutes, waiting for them to respond, but they just stood there like ghosts.

"Well, do something, d****t!" Suddenly, the figures stepped backward in unison, turned around, and walked into the darkness, leaving him alone.

"Oh, god…"the man thought, feeling his most vulnerable. He did not know what was going to happen, and that scared him more than anything ever could. Glancing in all directions, the man tried to mentally prepare himself with what was coming.

"What are you going send?" he yelled, knowing they couldn't hear him. Nothing responded, only silence. He continued to stand in the fog, occasionally yelling an obscenity. Several minutes passed. Nothing.

"What are you planning? What the heck is taking you so long?" He continued to yell into the void, as to calm himself. He couldn't tell if it was working. By now, the cold air had come to him, and his body started to chill. Looking up, he saw what he thought was the night sky, although he couldn't tell whether he was indoors or not.

"Oh, I see, you're trying to make me scared. Maybe starve me! That's right. I see what your doing." If they were going to wait him out, he had to strike first. Deducting that at least an hour had elapsed, he knew he had to do something. Sprinting forward, he ran as fast as possible toward what he hoped was safety. Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks. "What are you thinking? This is exactly what they want me to do," he didn't realize he was talking to himself. He still could only see fog in all directions and decided the only thing to do was to lie on the ground. He started to close his eyes, but a figure appeared out of the fog. It was one of the jurymen, still in the robe and mask. It approached him in the same slow speed as it did all other times.

"What? Are you here to kill me now? Are you bored?" The Defendant said in a sarcastic tone as though figure was not dangerous, but instead the small school kid he used the same tone on, which got him in trouble in the first place. The figure continued to walked toward him, slowly lifting it's boney arm.

"What do you have there? A gun? A mallet? I'm not scared of you," taunted the man as he got ready to attack the figure, "I've had with all of you!" The defendant lunged toward the figure, knocked it to the hard ground, and ripped it's mask off with all his fury. Under it was not a man, not a woman, but a child, now unconscious. The man continued to rip off it's clothing, only to reveal that the small boy was walking on stilts. He started to pick the boy up, only to feel dampness on his hand. Slowly lowering the boy back down, he examined the blood that drenched the boy's back. Suddenly, the Jury walked up behind him and the boy.

"You b******s! You sent this boy to me all bloodied up just to accuse me of hurting him, didn't you?" The man yelled at the Jury standing in front of him, "I did not do this to him!"

"You are accused of murdering a minor," a voice replied from the Jury.

"How many time have you done this before?" The man was now in shock, "What the hell is wrong with you? The boy isn't even dead!"

"The Jury finds you guilty of these charges," a voice responded from the group, and everything went black.


© 2011 Valandil93


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, very interesting concept. The tension accumulates well from the beginning to end of the story. The description makes it easy to empathize with the defendant. And I must give you respect for writing the dialogue so that it is grammatically correct (I can't tell you how many writers, even veterans, mess that up).

The only qualms I found were some typos/grammar errors/redundancies strewn throughout the piece. Perhaps it could do with some minor revising? Otherwise, well-done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, very interesting concept. The tension accumulates well from the beginning to end of the story. The description makes it easy to empathize with the defendant. And I must give you respect for writing the dialogue so that it is grammatically correct (I can't tell you how many writers, even veterans, mess that up).

The only qualms I found were some typos/grammar errors/redundancies strewn throughout the piece. Perhaps it could do with some minor revising? Otherwise, well-done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fierce writing, aha. It was very shocking and twisted nearing the end. I enjoyed this. [:

Posted 12 Years Ago


truly marvelous! nicely penned! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks! I wrote it a while ago but it's one of my faves

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow very intense! I love it!! (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 11, 2011

Author

Valandil93
Valandil93

CA



About
I write from the heart when I'm inspired more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..