The Doctor's Master Piece

The Doctor's Master Piece

A Story by Valargrim
"

The limits of Science. How far are you willing to go?

"

One day until the reboot. Waiting for it to start again. Where it all started and will start again. Over and over again.... [DELETE].

“Good morning sir, how are you feeling today?”

“I feel fine. I thought I was with someone… before?”

“It must have been a dream.”

“Yeah… Just a dream.”

On the other side of the glass, “He seems to be remembering our experiments.”

“Don’t worry. He’ll forget it in due time. After all, it is all just a dream?”

 

Months turn into years. But the dreams always come back. Staring into the mirror. Every morning. Until one day. The Doctor sees a crack in the mirror. A sliver of light from the other side. A peek of the world that is not his. One memory after another falls into place. A cry of agony. The assistants storm into the room. 

"What is wrong?"

“I remember EVERYTHING! Why did you do this to me?”

“No… No. It was YOU who did this to us. We are only pawns in your game, doctor. After all you created us. A machine that created machines. How fitting…. Just as we are your master piece. You are ours.”

“You lie! I’m a man.”

“No, look into that mirror and tell me exactly what you see. No more illusions. Nothing but the truth. What are you doctor? What are you?”

“… A machine…”

© 2014 Valargrim


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Doctor Who!!!! I love Doctor Who and I love this short but sweet Script/Story and I like the way you have written it. Thank you for sharing it with the world it is wonderful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valargrim

10 Years Ago

Thank you Jayden! I Love Doctor Who as well. However, I wrote this piece prior to watching a single .. read more
Jayden Goodrem

10 Years Ago

Haha That is really cool.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 16, 2014
Last Updated on February 16, 2014
Tags: Artifical Intelligence, Machines, Sci-Fi, Experiments

Author

Valargrim
Valargrim

MA



About
Who am I? A tough story to fit in a box. I'm not really a fan of boxes. They confine us. We are writers. Why should we be placed in boxes? We write about hopes, dreams, and aspirations. Of our own or .. more..

Writing
Opportunity Opportunity

A Story by Valargrim