Stray Kitten

Stray Kitten

A Story by Valentine
"

At church this morning

"

Stray Kitten


     Today leaving church a small kitten was dropped and left abandoned.  I picked it up and took it to my sister who loves cats.  Where I am staying I can't have any pets.  I thought we could share this one, me paying for a vet, worming, fixing, food etc.  She lives in the old farm house of my grandfather next door.

     To get to the point, this kitten had been abused by its previous owner, its lower lip was torn off and it looked like it had been kicked or tossed out so hard it was injured. I am sick and tired of animal abuser that have these litters and just toss out the unwanted like yesterdays garbage. Here this happens much too often.  If you do not want a litter, have your animal fixed.  If you do not want them, take them to a pet shelter where they can be adopted.

      If you also feel like I do, please pass this along.  My sister now has one that was tossed out of a car window,  another

tossed out pregnant and with only one eye.  We need a law saying it is illegal to toss out strays like they were garbage

      Thank you for reading my ranting. 

                        Valentine  

© 2016 Valentine


Author's Note

Valentine
Please stop animal abuse

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I hear or read about many animals being abuse every day. I feel that those who abuse should be treated the same way the animal is treated. It is so sad I can only have 2 pets where I live. If I had a farm I would rescue the pets that needed it, and then I would keep or adopt them out to good people I know. Thanks for the rant. It's a great reminder to look after and treat our pets the way they should be treated. NO MORE ABUSE!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree my friend. Where I live in Clinton Twp. A lot of stray cats. There are laws. Need to be enforced.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


the sad thing is there is a law against it but nothing can be done to enforce it. i wish the world wasn't so cruel to the weak and defenceless but it is.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Valentine,
It goes against the very meaning of being alive to hurt helpless creatures who share the breath of life with all of us. We as humans should not thumb our noses at the imprint of God on all life. It does sadden me to of read this as you have made a very good point. Thankyou for writing.
Blessings to you. Kathy

Posted 7 Years Ago


yes ...so hurtful to all involved :( unfortunately is is too easy to "drop" off unwanted pets without being witnessed as all states have animal abuse laws .. we watch a couple of the reality series on the efforts to rescue and prosecute .. i think the penalties are to lax but a lot of the shows during which owners are found guilty .. would never be able to pay the vet bills and fines imposed on confiscated animals .. and rarely is jail time given .. i suppose with most jails overcrowded priorities are set .. our own Bella Mia is precious beyond words .. she is a 120 lb. Bull Mastiff and a forever "baby" ...she gives us so much more than we give her ..i appreciate your expression and for bringing up the subject .. most shelters are needy of volunteers and funds .. we can most certainly participate in the solutions in those ways ... Bella is laying next to me and has just reminded me of the dog she is ..pu!!!! she passes horrible gas at times and then looks up, innocently, wondering where the hell that came from :)
E.


Posted 7 Years Ago


My community is working on having an animal abuser registry; When a person is found guilty of abuse, they will have to register their name. Once they are on the registry, shelters, breeders, other rescue groups will be able to easily look them up and decide if the animal should go to them. It hasn't been put into effect yet, but there have been articles featuring local residents and petitions are going around to collect more signatures. I currently have a female pit mix who was abused and neglected so badly, she actually doesn't even know how to be a dog. She's terrified of people, but she is getting better with my husband and myself. She loves other dogs, and we've enlisted the help of a trainer & a breed specialist who are helping pro-bono, and several other friends/dog lovers who bring their dogs over to play with her. She continues to learn from the other dogs and makes progress weekly on other behaviors. I don't understand how people could treat such a sweet girl in a way that would make her this way, but I'm glad we found each other. She will be safe in a forever, loving home now.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cruelty is a terrible thing. The only counterbalance is a heart like yours. Enjoyed reading.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We adopted a rescue dog last year. Molly's an Old English sheepdog. We suspect she had been in a puppy mill for years. She's had many health problems and probably won't live much longer, but she's given a lot of joy to my family.

Posted 7 Years Ago


FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The title caught my eye because I am an animal lover. I went into expecting a tragic story but curiosity killed the cat.

CONTENT AND FORMAT

Ultimately, the narrative is meant to bring awareness and to stop animal abuse. I consider myself to be an activist of sorts by donating to animal shelters, taking in strays, and even help with my parent's farm once a week.

It saddens me to hear the despicable abuse these cats have endured. I get so upset and angry when I hear about animal cruelty especially with cats who are dear to my heart. I grew up with them on the farm and they served as my only friends in childhood. Many look at cats as pests but they endure far better than dogs.

The story does take a positive turn because the abused feline ended up in a good home.

CLOSING THOUGHTS

I appreciate your empathy with animals. They require a human voice to stand up for their innocence. Thank you for sharing!

sincerely,
ria

Posted 7 Years Ago


Yeah you sometimes wonder why people have animals they don't want, just dumb.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Everything is disposable to some. I wonder how disposable they think they are though.

Posted 7 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

499 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2016
Last Updated on October 9, 2016

Author

Valentine
Valentine

MI



About
No one special. Just another person sharing what she writes. more..

Writing
Just Me Just Me

A Poem by Valentine



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Smoke Love Smoke

A Poem by Paul Bell