In The Beginning

In The Beginning

A Story by Constance Claire
"

We all have asked 'why we're here'. This piece reflects one of those days when I let my mind wander. I may take a few of these concepts for future writings & do a story sometime.

"

The world is filled with many forms of evil. The vast majority of those evils are derived from humanity.

Most of us have experienced some form of this poison that lay waiting in cesspools of denial and darkness all around us. We are exposed to it at an early age either by unfortunate experiences, or if we were lucky to be spared  the abusive 'love' of a cruel parent, or deepest 'affection' of that groping uncle, we are given the 'gift' of television that bares all to the soul. Our government and our churches inspire it when they reject another's choice to religious views, or feel that the other faction is performing unacceptably, and they send their own to go to battle - all in the name of a cause never inspired by the one that will have fight the battle, but the minions will die for the common good of someone's ideals, pride, or pocketbook. Yes I did say that.

 

Innocence is so easily lost. Sometimes I wonder how it could have ever existed at all.



The 'Good Book' considers evil acts derived from Satan, or Lucifer the fallen angel who coerces weak humans to follow his ways and fall from the path of goodness and purity. It reflects that all humans were born sinners, and that our only salvation is to repent, ask forgiveness, and beg for one spirit into ones heart to be forgiven and saved. '

  Repent and yea shall be saved! 

 

This brings to question;
Does humanity even understand what repentance is? Or do they simply know regret from being caught and punished, and not liking the punishment they claim to be miraculously reformed.

 

One see's the downcast eyes, but their shame is not so much from a deed, but from being outed in front of family or piers. Of course they regret...that they didn't do it well enough to not be caught.

Our world is a broken, desperate, desolate, misspelt globe which should be aptly named Hell. A hell of our creation.

I am not speaking of the earth literally or all the hundreds of thousands of species that exist here, rather I speak of the Hell we have created by our own existence here. If we were to admit that yes God in some form exists, and that all that we survey has been by his origin, I would expect that he is the saddest father of all and it is no wonder that he keeps striving to extinguish us through flood, storm, and famine because we are the poorest, most ungrateful excuses of dna that exist on earth.

Every single place we go - we destroy. We tear down tree's and lakes, and piss in our own drinking water. If it is there for us to conquer, we will do so, but not because it necessarily makes sense to do so, but rather 'just because we can.'

Like the bible says. we ARE jealous, envious, cruel, and are not afraid to take what we decide is ours - regardless of what it might cost to get it. We are capable of empathy, and conscience, but we force ourselves to set that aside when it comes time to justify what we want.

We will bully, steal, kill, and decimate wherever we feel necessary if it validates us and makes us feel like we now have something that makes us more than we were before.

Of course we ARE capable of kindness, and empathy, but generally it comes with a price.
Think about that. It's a thought provoker if you allow it. Such things as wars, and foreign aid. We go - oh no, we need to send money and food out to that poor war torn country, while on the other hand we have provided the guns to the other side to shoot them down...etc. You start getting the idea.

Yes. there are those capable of doing what is good, proper, and true, and actually without agenda, but with each day such people become fewer as our world is poisoned because we continue to keep our industrious intent to create Hell right here on earth. It's an industry and you had no clue.

And if it isn't enough we strive so hard to damage each other through our evil acts - we allow others the right to poison our food and water. Those things which genetically were quite fine before now assume a different 'like' existance. These experiments/feats of progress are performed with best intentions, and somewhere someone gets an idea that starts others thinking about how such technology can be used for defense, or offense, and we wonder about such things as super bugs, and the poisonous food that gets put on our supermarket shelves. how many times were/are/and will continue to be we guinea pigs and not even know it? Evil.... it rides on many tails of deceit.

I concede there are some angels on earth, but each day they are decimated by the plague of evil humanity that abounds.

There are those few born with true understanding of integrity, and conscience. Yes they are those that live life with the ideal that one should be accountable for their actions, and try not to inflict their views, and beliefs on others. They try to live according to how they hope they are treated, and even if they are not treated most fairly, they will find other ways to process those negative actions that threaten them without feeling that others must pay for that anger, hurt and frustration.

How do we know these people? Not in the ways you expect, but you can find them if you really look beyond the deceivers. Cats and dogs and other animals naturally find affinity with these souls. Not because these people are necessarily animal lovers, but because animals seek that which is safe, and good. There might be 10 people in a room, and you will see two animals wrapped around just one person's leg - who doesn't even live in the house. The owner might be shocked. "Ralph hates everyone - that's amazing that he wont let you alone" No. Really its not amazing. Ralph simply knows that should that house burn to the ground in the next hour, that this human would be the one most likely to run back for them to save them. Animals know our souls.

Perhaps they are our fallen angels? Gods way to test our true kindness, empathy, and integrity. If so, we certainly have proven how well we have failed that test haven't we?

Have you ever wondered what that animal staring at you so intently was deciding about you? Perhaps they even left you unnerved by their intense stare at a moment when you were thinking on things that perhaps were best you were not.

Setting the ponderance of beasts aside, lets return to this place we call Earth, but really is Hell.

Imagine if you will, that the original writers of the Bible got it wrong in the translation, or intentionally miswrote all references regarding Hell, and in their own denial, edited Hell to not be earth, but a nether place, which having viewed a vile volcano recently decided hell should be FILLED with fire and brimstone, when in reality - this planet we call home is actually Hell and the words they were provided actually stated thus. (but as humans CAN do - they lied!)

Don't shake your head. Think about for a few moments. Has man ever really gotten anything right which he has touched?


Perhaps the reason of birth in the first place, is a simple lesson about the first pains or our new punishment? Makes sense in a convoluted way. Perhaps 'Heaven' is actually our point of origin, but WE have fallen from grace, and this place we now exist - our penance.

If we accepted this concept - It also makes sense why we have no serious clue regarding our origin. We were placed in a big black void with millions of spheres around us with no apparent life, and made to feel vulnerable and alone in all the universe. (probably because no one else could stand us 'at home') Seriously I think the 144 thousand spoken about biblically are all at home and we were all cast down to live with ourselves.

We drive ourselves mad with pain, desire, love, anger and greed, and let ourselves justify our acts with weak excuses, or we don't even care enough to worry about justification. Around our very feet our humanity crumbles and we look on with indifference, fear - we don't want to be that person - look away!! and they will go away!! hurry! So naïve in our ignorance, for that beggar is a reflection of ourselves, a product of our device. We know we could just as easily be him tomorrow, so we show him contempt, half-assed pity, and run the other way.

Perhaps at one time our world was more like an Eden. A time when humanity didn't live here.

 

Today, I take great sadness in the fact, that I brought any children into this world to have to fight off the forces they did not invent, but are forced to be exposed to survive.

If I knew then, the things I know now, I would not have been caught up on the romanticism of having children, for I would have realized as beautiful as it was to 'create' it was by far more devastating to see those creations corrupted by forces that thrive here on this place WE call ... earth.

© 2013 Constance Claire


Author's Note

Constance Claire
This is just a concept piece. I wrote it VERY late at night and is probably rife with spelling and punctuation booboos.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on November 14, 2013
Last Updated on November 14, 2013
Tags: Good, evil, religion, evolution, humanity, HELL, human existance, animals, Introspective

Author

Constance Claire
Constance Claire

Vancouver, Canada



About
I am starting to break out of my shell. The kids are grown and I can now take my writing out of the closet and give it a good airing. I am a writer of various genre. I am also a photographer, and .. more..

Writing