Intermediate thoughts in this phase

Intermediate thoughts in this phase

A Story by Vamsi

"Is this what you are upto? Aren't you ashamed to be scolded every time?" saying this, the physics lecturer threw the booklet over Rahul's face.While picking it up his tears fell exactly on the top right corner of the booklet where the lecturer's red-ink marks showed 11/90."Get out of my sight right now or else I'm gonna see your end" he said,clenching his teeth. Rahul,with his head down and eyes moist,hurried to his hostel room not able to bear his mates' pitiful looks.

"Outstanding student of the class? Once again?" the warden laughed at him. As soon as he entered his room he shut the door behind with his maximum strength and locked it up.A million thoughts ran over his mind with tears running down his cheeks.

He always had only one dream...to end their family's tough times. He aimed at only on one thing..a perfect career. He was neither defeated by peer pressure nor was dragged towards adolescent attractions. He knew that his father could nomore alone carry the responsibilities of their family. His 23 year old unmarried sister's face was flashing infront of him. He was frightened by the thought of collapsing all his mother's dreams. As he raised his head,a nylon clothesline appeared. He looked down,neither blinked his eye nor made a movement. His tears stopped. His steps headed towards the clothesline.

After coming across the suicide news of Rahul in a local newspaper, a newsreporter of DC who was working on a journal about present day suicides of students,met the parents of Rahul. On asking for the details and habits of Rahul,his parents showed him a notebook completely filled in english,with which Rahul used to spend more time. He opened the first page and enquired who wrote it. To his surprise,"Rahul" was their answer.

After a week,a journal about a boy named Rahul and a poem written by him was published. On reading the journal, a publishing company through the DC newsreporter contacted Rahul's parents and asked for the copyrights of all the poems in the notebook for a royalty of 23 lakhs and promised them that they would publish the poems under Rahul's name.His illiterate parents who were never aware of his skill cried heart-rendingly


After all, India has one of the WORLD'S HIGHEST SUICIDE RATES among people aged between 15 and 29. A fraction of second is all what it takes to make a decision. What matters is,the decision you make.

© 2017 Vamsi


Author's Note

Vamsi
Hello,
This is my first ever writing. Reviews are heartily welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey... Loved the work. And honestly, pretty relatable. Good job :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Vamsi

5 Years Ago

Thank you Satvika. That's so nice of you : )
Fantastic.Simple vocabulary.
Interesting.Ending is good.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vamsi

6 Years Ago

Thanks mate. I'm glad that you liked it
Out of imagine...nice story... All d best. N yes ll wait for ur 2nd story.....

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vamsi

6 Years Ago

Thanks for that!! Means a lot..😊
Sandipta$

6 Years Ago

Wlcm.... Write smthng about ghosts... Bcoz i Lyk ghost stories n d way u narrate.... Quite impressiv.. read more
Very well written dear bhaiya....
A very sensitive and touching subject you chose...the end could have been more imapactful...try elaborating Rahul's parent's reactions after his poem got published post his suicide and Rahul at the cost of his life ended their agonies and financial trouble once and for all...there were no grammatical errors..infact the vocabulary was pleasing....keep on penning!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vamsi

6 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your review Sumana didi..And yeah I will try to make it better in the end like as y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2017
Last Updated on July 3, 2017

Author

Vamsi
Vamsi

Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh, India



About
A 19 year old usual teen, with a heart full of emotions, tending to make an attempt of expressing my thoughts and finding better ways of improving diction. more..