An Evening

An Evening

A Story by Vasilees Sybissyl
"

See an evening through the eyes of a quiet girl in a loud city, whose past and future remain a mystery.

"
The slight light in the sky did not matter to her; she just sat there, reading. Her chamomile tea lay long forgotten in front of her as she was absorbed. These books were her only escape from the cruel world. Her once bright, electric blue eyes, that were now dull and empty, shone as her novel took a turn for better. She suddenly remembered to sip her tea as tea was mentioned in her novel. It was ice cold yet so good.

Subconsciously, she twirled with one of her long, dark, curly locks on her long, slender fingers. Why was Fate so cruel? Here she was, in this loud city, where no one's voice was heard. People talked, but the words were hollow. People smiled, but hid sadness in their hearts.

Her trail of thoughts was broken as she was startled by the honking of a horn down below. Ah, New York never sleeps. Sighing, she once again made the same wish she had been making for years now, that she could once again be in Dehradoon, with her brother once again, where all was quiet, hearts calm, and people real. And with that final wish, she got up to open the door as the bird tweet doorbell rang.


He was back, and her nightmares began

© 2017 Vasilees Sybissyl


Author's Note

Vasilees Sybissyl
Remember to leave a comment!! Tell me what you think. And thanks to all of you for taking the time to read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Impressive story!
I love how you managed to create such a vivid setting in such a short piece. I can clearly picture the girl/woman in a place where she doesn't belong and doesn't feel at home. Where she doesn't know anybody and her only means of escaping reality are the books she reads.

I have to admit the last sentence took me by surprise and left me wanting more. Do you plan to expand this story? If so, I would love to read it.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I was really wondering whether or not to do so. But I think the cliffhanger is re.. read more
Loved it. Your way of describing is magnificent... Keep it up

Posted 7 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

7 Years Ago

Thanks. buddy!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 13, 2016
Last Updated on February 26, 2017

Author

Vasilees Sybissyl
Vasilees Sybissyl

That Little Cottage, Just 'Round the River Bend, India



About
Welcome to a piece of my soul. more..

Writing