Mutiny-Prologue

Mutiny-Prologue

A Story by Vanessa

 

When Elizabeth Pendleton stared out into the river that gurgled leisurely before her, not far from the urbane quarters of her home, there was a heat that poured from the sun, leaving her lazing about the verdant turf of her neighborhood, searching for a familiar tree that she took comfort in being present beneath. In fact, it was here where she lingered, dreamily plucking the gentle yellow flowers that hung like bows in hair of green that almost brushed the ground in places.
 
The sun’s brutality lessened, there beneath the shade, so that she may rest and ponder upon things that she’d been enticed specifically not to ponder upon. Being alive for almost seventeen years, she still hadn’t the consent to question what everyone seemed to believe. This is, however, exactly what Elizabeth did as often as her time would allow, for she’d never understood the purpose of what had gone on around her, or why she’d been all of a sudden moved to this place.
 
Where she lay in a bed of lush green, framed by strong, stiff roots that arranged themselves over the years, she fell into a tranquil slumber in which the ebb of the breeze never left her ears.

© 2009 Vanessa


Author's Note

Vanessa
In MY story, an invasion devistated planet earth.
And WE were the invadors.

Depicting the life of Elizabeth, and how she was brought to this planet with the rest of her people, the humans, I'm attempting to discover which is stronger; the human desire for success and superiority, or the natural course of the planet or the universe.
Questioning what's "right," finding the answers on her own,and seeing this new place through her own eyes, Elizabeth searches her mind for what's right, as apposed to what's acceptably correct.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kat
My money's on the universe. ;D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
1 Review
Added on August 29, 2009

Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

About
-As an introduction . . . . every place that I go gets an even number of steps. Yet, I don't very much like symmetry. -I love the smell of wet moss when it rains. -There's this ama.. more..

Writing
You and I You and I

A Story by Vanessa