My Imagination #1

My Imagination #1

A Story by Vick Thomason
"

something that doesn't have any REAL story to it, just something i thought of in my head randomly.

"

     "Raymond, you take left, Alex-right. I'll get its attention." Ray and Alex took opposite directions and got ready to pounce what would be our greatest triumph if we won. I stepped forward, loudly, trying to draw the attention of the dragon.

     "Hey! Big nose!" The dragon turned to me and i pulled out my sword. It was as tall as me, with a handle that looked like it had concealed a blizzard inside. "Yeah you! I dont think i want to let you live." The dragon started to laugh at me, "let me live?" It roared, shaking the ground, "why i think ill make you my next meal!"

     I smiled, "i would love to see you try." I placed my sword infront of me, two hands on the grip. The dragon let out a huge roar and charged.

     Raymond jumped first, his sword crashing down into the dragons left wing like a lightning strike. The dragon roared out in pain and flailed all about, trying to shake him off. I rushed forward and jumped towards the dragons face, slashing down on his right eye with great ferocity. Another roar of pain. The grounded started to shake as the dragon danced around, trying to soothe its pain.

     Raymond on the other hand had drawn his sword back, it was covered in the golden blood of the dragon. He charged up its wing and got onto its back. He proceeded to slash the spike off its back, one by one. Dragon spikes would sell for an amazing high price, guranteeing food for the next year.

     But that didn't last long, as the dragon regained control of itself and threw itself on its back. As Raymond felt the dragon shift its weight he jumped off immeadiately and ran far from the dragon. The dragon crashed into the ground and threw snow up everywhere.

     I charged at the dragon again, cutting its head open. Before i knew it, the dragon flipped around and threw its claw at me. I had stricken to shallow and was about to have my brains get knocked out.

     Luckily for me, Alex jumped down and with one firey strike, dropped his blade into the dragons brain. The dragon twitched once and Alex held onto his sword, which was now sticking out of the dragons head. With a mighty crash it fell and all was quiet.

     We stood there quietly, Raymond walking back to where we now stood. We waited for what seemed like an eternity, had we really slain the dragon? I took a step forward.

     At that moment the dragon let out a huge sigh and crumbled back to life. It's arms and legs started to twitch and its left eye fixated on where we stood, frozen, in awe of the dragon.

     "You," it boomed, its voice gargling from the blood in its mouth. "You have slain me, and are the only people to do so in such a long time. As you know in your human legends, I grant a power to those who slay me." We looked at eachother confused. Alex was the first to speak, "what are you talking about? The only thing we came here for was your hide, or some of your spikes, to help keep us alive in our travels." The dragon lowered his head to meet our gaze, his right eye had healed and the spike Raymond had cut off had regrown. "Are you saying you know not of the power the is given to those who slay a dragon?" Raymond spoke first this time.

     "Yes, we really only came here to earn ourselves some provisions with your hide. We dont seek power, we just need to find something to trade for gold. Can you give us that instead?" The dragon seemed to be laughing at us, the wind from its breath blowing in our faces. "So you aren't looking for power?" I thought i'd talk this time, but we all spoke at the same time. "No."

     The dragon turned around and walked back into it's cave, "then i won't stop you, pick up your spoils and leave." This was unbelievable, the dragon could have killed us but is just letting us leave. What luck do we have?

     With no further questions, we began to gather some of the dragon spikes that Raymond had cut off and walk them back to our caravan.

     After over an hours woth of work, getting each spike over to the caravan we set up the horses. But before we left i walked back over to the dragons cave. It had done us a kindness and i was not one ot be ungrateful. "Thank you," I yelled into the cave and i got a resulting snort. I turned around and started to run to our caravan.

© 2009 Vick Thomason


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your writing is still amazing :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on June 29, 2009
Last Updated on July 11, 2009

Author

Vick Thomason
Vick Thomason

My desk, WA



About
I love sci-fi and fantasy. I hope to one day become an author and to get a degree in engineering. That's almost all you need to know besides the fact that im a true gamer and love my 360 like it was m.. more..

Writing
CH1 CH1

A Chapter by Vick Thomason