Towards Their Future

Towards Their Future

A Story by VassD
"

A look into the future of Ania and Randen. Randen's finally getting to say every single sweet thing he ever wanted to see.

"
“Be still, my beating heart.”
Ania turned around, a smile forming on her face. Randen stood in the doorway, leaning casually against the door frame. The sunlight spilling through the window made his white coat glow like the bright edges of a cloud on a summer day. His storm-blue eyes glimmered like ice on water, a mischievous glint dancing just out of reach. He opened his arms, inviting, and it was only a few short strides before he held her tight, her long white dress trailing behind her. 
After an eternity that was entirely too short, Randen pulled back, his eyes drinking in the sight of her. Her long black hair, freed from its customary braid, cascaded down her back, full and luscious. Instead of her standard headpiece, she wore a string of diamonds and black pearls that hung delicately across her forehead, contrasting clearly with her fair complexion. He ran his thumb gently along her cheek, smiling softly at the thought of everything that had brought them to this moment. 
“Did it hurt?” he asked softly.
Her brow knit together in confusion. “What…?”
“When you fell down from heaven, did it hurt?”As he spoke, the mischievous glint in his eye spread to his mouth, his lips spreading in a grin. 
Ania rolled her eyes and swatted him on the shoulder. “I cannot believe you just said that.” She tried to look stern, but one look at his infectious smile had her laughing despite her best efforts. He always had been able to do that. “How do you even come up with these things?”
“I’ve had twenty years to figure out which ones you’d like best.” At this, her laughter quieted, and she met his loving gaze. A lock of her hair fell down in front of her eyes, and he brushed it tenderly aside. “I always did want to make you laugh.”
She put her hand against his cheek, relishing the touch as only one who know the true value of love could. “Thank you,” she whispered. “Thank you for everything.”
“Let’s call it even.” Storm blue eyes glistening, he bent to kiss her.
“Now there’ll be none of that.” A voice rang unexpectedly from the corner of the room. Looking up, Ania wasn’t terribly surprised to see Kryssa, her dark skinned maid servant, carrying the shear veil that was about to go in Ania’s hair. Glancing back at Randen, she shook her head, seeing he didn’t even have the good grace to look abashed at being caught in the bride’s room before the ceremony. He looked like he might even try to stay there until Kryssa started to physically shoo him out the door. “Go on, Master Randen. There’ll be plenty of time for such things at the altar. Now shoo!”
Randen paused just outside the door, pulling something from one of his coat pockets. Expertly dodging Kryssa’s arms, he gently threaded the stem of a white rose bud into Ania’s thick black hair. Looking at her one last time before he turned to leave, he all but whispered, “The moon itself would be jealous of your beauty, my angel.” And with that, he turned walking towards their future. 

© 2012 VassD


Author's Note

VassD
This was written as a response to a writing prompt: "write a love story starting with and containing at least one cheesy pick-up line." Ania and Randen are characters from my novel-in-progress, Black Horizons. Just so you know, this does technically contain spoilers to the book. So if you haven't read the first draft of it, this might give stuff away. But oh well. It was a cute story. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its really good but it seemed to me like something just kind of confussing about it maybe just because i dont understand your big words... but I dont know

Posted 11 Years Ago


VassD

11 Years Ago

I write better in the day, most of the time. I was really tired when I wrote this.
Rusteesgirl

11 Years Ago

Best time Nikki! ;)
VassD

11 Years Ago

Are you going to tell me what was confusing or not?
Wow nikki I could really picture that as I was reading it very good job. I would continue this story and make it a book cause it looks like a very good and interesting book.

Posted 11 Years Ago


VassD

11 Years Ago

It's actually an excerpt from a book I plan to write in the future- the sequel to Black Horizons. I'.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 2, 2012
Tags: black horizons, flash fiction, love story, pick-up line

Author

VassD
VassD

A tiny random town-city-dimension, ID



About
I'm a fledgling author with dreams about as big as one of Robert Jordan's books. Maybe more than one on top of each other. I love writing fantasy and science fiction stories (No matter how long a piec.. more..

Writing
Synopsis Synopsis

A Chapter by VassD