White

White

A Poem by Cameron
"

Ignorance may be bliss

"

I remember,

I wish to some forget.

Sometimes no idea,

but only they hide as of yet.

Memories lie in wait,

until they show appear.

My mind once clouded,

now tortured clear.

New is a rare word,

old describes my mind.

Memories and feelings,

Wanted to be lost and themselves find.


  To be free of knowing what I've done and the boredom and torture that comes with having seen it. Never again to feel the thrill of a new idea, game, or thrill. The candle extinguished the fire ceased and quit. I wish not to hear a note and in my mind hear the entire melody, I wish to won't but...will.

© 2015 Cameron


Author's Note

Cameron
My first in a long time since I picked up writing let alone poetry. Let me know what you think. Also playing around with a change in style ever so slightly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. I found I had to read it it through several times to figure out the message it held, but I believe I have it: This is the story of a man who is attempting to forget his the memories of a past in which he committed grave sins. Yet, he is tortured by that fact, as if he is forcing himself to remember what he did. But not for the reasons of remorse, but rather for reasons of regret. Regret that he did not continue on with more sins when he had the chance. Now, he has lost that chance and now sits wasting away to nothing as the fires of his passion burn out. Hmm, now that I have hopefully laid it out, it sounds like the prisoner with sorrow for what he's done, but sorrow that he missed the chance to do more. A story of an unmovable sinner while in the face of his ultimate judgement.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Cameron

8 Years Ago

Or the regret of never being able to atone for what that person has done. Simply it could just be th.. read more
I really like this. The play between reality and wishes is so beautifully written! I'm normally not so into poetry but this is really good. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nice...I liked the way it is written and the choice of words

Posted 8 Years Ago


very nice! really like it :) great choice of style

Posted 8 Years Ago


Well-penned. Hope to read more from you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like it. You perfectly write about the paradox. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
I like how you connected color with emotion

Not necessarily a straightforward write
I see many bends and turns

Interesting and quite a good job you done here

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
A very cool poem. I was attracted by the title -- white-- the molecular coloring agent bringing peace or hurt when it tries or when it manages to cover all..
i like it. :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


Cameron

8 Years Ago

Thanks Moonskittles, glad I picked the right title. Naming isn't the easiest part these days.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
A beautiful and very relatable poem. I am personally digging the choice of title 'White'- I love how much it fits the poem and the unique stance you take on it.
"My mind once clouded,
now tortured clear."
These particular lines caught my attention. I love the paradox of a clear mind being tortured.
Your frustration is clearly expressed and the lyrical, rhyming nature of your poem seems to resonate that as well. Great write! :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


Cameron

8 Years Ago

Thanks AK glad you still read my stuff hahaha.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2015
Last Updated on February 20, 2015

Author

Cameron
Cameron

Mary Esther, FL



About
Sorry I've been so scatter brained lately that writing is a bit impossible, also thanks to the lack of inspiration. Well I have some, but I'm still trying to develop it further to see if it will lead .. more..

Writing
Remains Remains

A Poem by Cameron


Thread Thread

A Poem by Cameron



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..