Myself in Writing

Myself in Writing

A Poem by Cameron

I was born to a mother who works hard to teach me the way i am supposed to be. My father is the reason i act so old-fashioned, more like in spite of that man. He hurt me and my family and to me he is a monster. He went behind my mother's back with another woman, whom he left her for. So ever since i have read about men that treat women as if they were gold, and in the end they found love that all men want from a woman. Well for so long i've acted according to these codes of conduct and yet all i have to show for it is a broken heart. So why am i the monster of today? I care about my friends and family, and i guide and protect them as well as i can. What i am is someone that i thought a man should be, not the heathens that call themselves men today.
For so long women look at me with fear. They take one look into my eyes and they avert theirs and find the nearest guy to cling to. So what am i, a demon, a killer, or just an empty soul devoid of feeling

© 2012 Cameron


Author's Note

Cameron
Not all poetry rhymes, or looks pretty.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

you remind me of someone...but never mind,,just wanna say,,I admire your personality Cameron,,and I've always wanted to have a man who are willing to protect and love me for the rest of my life,LOL..just like you,despite of what happened to your family,you were able to do the right thing in life..based on what i've read,you are not a demon,you're not a killer,you're a man of honor and you are different ..Live for the people who see your worth...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cameron

11 Years Ago

Aw I wanted to know who it was know lol.
perhaps they know about what happened to your family and they just don't know how to deal with it.i don't see how you could be considered a heathen unless you're going against the church...your friends have to accept you for who you are, and don't chase them away by being a monster. they care for you and they need you too. high drama. excellent poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i don't find any schmaltz in this...actually i see that you have been misunderstood probably because your parents split up when you needed them both. this gave you the lesson that relationships are always like this but they are not. i don;t see any evidence that you are a monster, but that you are responsible and know better. great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


If you fill yourself with anger and spite..you cannot evolve. It's good to pen these feelings...it will consume you otherwise.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I admire you my friend, honestly. You're one strong spirit, one who thinks further, and a one who dare to fail, and to pick up all beauty next to it. This write is sad, and truly painful, but it's the strength within you that sparkles, and shall be honored. I respect your visions, and thoughts, to protect the fragile women. They are the mothers, and women, where every one was nated off. Lately people forget, how important that thought is. You're no demon, nor a killer, you're you, and a beautiful one.

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's very emotion-based. It's quite moving. I wonder if it would work in verses. It reads like prose, not poetry. It's very inspiring. Lol. You seem to do that a lot to me lately.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2012
Last Updated on June 26, 2012

Author

Cameron
Cameron

Mary Esther, FL



About
Sorry I've been so scatter brained lately that writing is a bit impossible, also thanks to the lack of inspiration. Well I have some, but I'm still trying to develop it further to see if it will lead .. more..

Writing
White White

A Poem by Cameron


Remains Remains

A Poem by Cameron


Thread Thread

A Poem by Cameron