I slept with a stranger

I slept with a stranger

A Poem by VeronikaRKL

I slept with a stranger.
Foreign familiar eyes gazed upon my lips.
Rough stranger hands, clenched my hips.
Heavy iniquity emerged from memory- cloudy, forlorn and... heavy.
Swirling- out of body- until my eyes were too tired to stay open.
I felt myself leave the moment. 
Incomprehensible restlessness taints my soul.
My mind aches... aches to remember.
When?
When did I sleep with a stranger?

© 2017 VeronikaRKL


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I used to sleep with strangers all the time. At first it was fresh, bold, beautiful, new...then it became boring..like way too much of anything. Enjoyed.

Posted 1 Month Ago


before i read the reviews i thought this was about rape too. i actually think a lot of us have had some sort of molestation as children, regardless of being male of female. i'm sorry if you have and if you have you're not alone. you're actually a bright star, if you'd stop hiding it. i think you're amazing. please keep writing. a lot of us need hope from seeing others.

Posted 4 Years Ago


A very nice poem. Left reader with the feel of real life or dream? The strong description made the poem take life and understanding. Thank you Veronika for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


This can be interpreted in multiple ways. Bringing my own thoughts and experiences to the table, this reads as if you are with someone who is familiar to you but who has changed with time. "Foreign familiar eyes" ... love this wording. This can also pertain to someone that you are intimately familiar with long distance; but having just met, realize that they are physically a stranger to you. Of course, the third option would be construed as a date rape drug ordeal, but this would be my last choice for this poem.

I also don't feel as if it's sexist or pointing a finger at anyone. It's a question to yourself in reliving some memories, cloudy at best.

If provoking a conversation garners praise, you have it in spades. Each reader will read into it what he will based upon his own experiences. It doesn't make it right or wrong, good or bad, or sexist it any way.

Good job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Relic

6 Years Ago

What she said. :)
VeronikaRKL

6 Years Ago

Thank you, your words are kind. I'm glad you can interpret so many different things. I'm also glad i.. read more
Wow the last line makes this poem a little shocking. Love each line of this poem. How each line played off the next.

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

VeronikaRKL

6 Years Ago

I'm glad I did post this, as it was just ramblings in my head. I'm grateful that it's readable and n.. read more
Poetic Beauty

6 Years Ago

It was well penned. Sometimes we are our worse critics.
I get the other interpretations, but I also can see it as a bad memory of sleeping with someone who you see as a stranger now. Very moving.

~Luna

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

VeronikaRKL

6 Years Ago

All I want my poetry to do is to move people. To connect with people on struggles that I know are ha.. read more
Wow, I'm thinking rape drug. That's a horrible thing to have to go through. Trying to remember would be impossible and a plus for the monster that did it.

Swirling- our of body
Did you mean out of body?

Scary poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Relic

6 Years Ago

................... :)
WoodenChair

6 Years Ago

Someone has to fight for male rights or else we'll just be milked for semen in the cum and joke mine.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

628 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2017
Last Updated on July 5, 2017

Author

VeronikaRKL
VeronikaRKL

About
Although I am still young, I believe I have the intellect to sustain interesting conversation. I do have to admit, though, I am not completely devoid of inane ideas and actions. more..

Writing
Stop Stop

A Poem by VeronikaRKL


TSWM TSWM

A Poem by VeronikaRKL



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren


Found Found

A Poem by MsJewel