Witch Hunt

Witch Hunt

A Story by Autumn
"

This is the short story from the point of view of a blind girl who is accused from witchcraft in a boarding school.

"
“Is there anyone in here, please?” I called out, listening for footsteps, or a respiration perhaps?

 

The room was in the most absolute darkness; nevertheless I could feel a warm light reflecting in my eyes. The smell of burned paper floated with the warmness of the fire. With its crackling sound I could hear a light breathing and feel some eyes on me. 

       “Please, call out your name!” I begged, shaking like a leaf, I walked toward the sound, forwarding my hand.

 

I knew this room by heart. All the hidden places, all the textures, all the smells of the library’s books were imprinted in my head, but now, I couldn’t place myself. Lost, scared and confused, I was paralyzed in my place.

       “Please,” I begged crying, “please, take my hand.”

 

The soft crackling noise of the fire suddenly changed into a deep raging sound. The heat started to burn my face and neck. And as I wanted to scream for help, the person passed quickly next to me.

       “No, wait, please, don’t leave me here,” I screamed, hearing this person stopped straight and turning back on me, “please, I beg you, help me!”

 

A cold breath whispered a few words in my hear, “You will burn in hell, witch!”

 

Those words said, I heard the library’s entrance door being locked, as the fire started to devour my body I screamed:

 

Let my words be heard

As yours were spoken,

You will now be cursed

As death take your children

© 2012 Autumn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 29, 2012

Author

Autumn
Autumn

London, Kingston, United Kingdom



About
more..

Writing
Borderline Evil Borderline Evil

A Story by Autumn


The Swing The Swing

A Story by Autumn