Playing Along

Playing Along

A Poem by Victoria Smith
"

This expresses how, as a kid I had to play along and pretend that the way I was raised was golden enough to talk about with all my other friends.

"
When I grow up I want to be an Astronaut!!
When I grow up I want to travel the world!!
When I grow up I want to build candy land!!

C'mon what about you?
What do you want to do?

When I grow up I want help other abused kids.
When I grow up I want stop kids from crying.
When I grow up I want to protect those who have nobody.

That's OK I guess, it's just so lame your 10 and your goals are the same as 45yr old woman in pain. Why can't you be normal and think happy thoughts. Didn't your mom every teach you it's OK to walk the child walk?

Oh ok I was kidding you guys, my goals are the same as yours, I want to eat nothing but pizza and French Fry's.

Lol your funny I knew you can make us laugh, well see you the same time tomorrow don't forget your cool in this class.

When I return home to my broken young thoughts to the mind that my friends would never understand, I didn't have someone raise me to laugh and smile everyday that I can.

I cried real tears not the ones till I get what I want, I thought about death at 10 just to stop the pain my heart caught.

My day was great my mom took me to the playhouse!
My day was great my dad took my to ride go carts!
My day was great to I went to eat all the I cream I wanted!

C'mom what about you?
What did you do?

I cried myself to sleep , I ate my words so nobody could hear me speak. I hid under the bed hoping a miracle would drop beneath me.

Just kidding guys lol I had all the fun can't you tell. I went to the movies the one when Madea gets out of jail.

Oh cool your parents let you watch that? I wish I was you, your so cool maybe one day you can invite us too?

You see play along and you'll make it through your day without being reminded that your home is not a home.
Play along just to feel like your joy is not to far gone.
I played along till I really understood I didn't fit in, I played along hoping my life would began to win.

Win in this world of judgment, Win is the pool of hurt!

Just playing along distracted everyone from seeing that my heart hurt!

Shh just play along!









© 2015 Victoria Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What an amazing and original idea for this piece. I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you for your words.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2015
Last Updated on December 13, 2015