Primal Instinct

Primal Instinct

A Story by VictorSimones
"

My upbringings and surroundings led me to an instinctive decision in my life that might have gotten me into a shady predicament.

"

There is something called Fight or flight/
Also known as Denial the brain automatically has a screening process called Reticular Activating System (RAS) this forces our brain to automatically have a screening and block out
certain perceptions that it considers irrelevant. The values that we believe in and also the things that are worth assigning value to our registered as a conscious minded decision to the (RAS)
Now what does this mean for us? Well it states that where programmed with our values and upbringing to instinctively react a certain way to situations and in time of intense stress or panic we resort pack to those values that we programmed ourselves to have.
What makes a night infinite?
On a Foggy Friday Night after a blissful tour of the city with some friendly foreign (EAC) students I decided to meat up my friends after my tour to get some leisure time. We decided on going to a Hip joint a little hole in the wall of a hookah spot, There we spent are times being raconteurs to each other and enjoying each others company. When we decided to leave choosing to go with the beat of a nice Turkish song I happily went over to the register to pay and hopelessly found out that they did not accept debit cards. The owner noticing my distress stated that there was an ATM in the store. (What a good way to get more money out of you.) Noticing I only had 31 dollars in my account my mind sends a probe down to my brain an instantly send me into a blind panic. What do I do? How am I going to pay? How am I going to get home if I do pay full price?

© 2012 VictorSimones


Author's Note

VictorSimones
I do free form writing with little editing all thoughts are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on November 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012
Tags: Fight or Flight, Dicisions, Choices

Author

VictorSimones
VictorSimones

Antioch, CA



About
Hello fellow WritersCafe users, I tend to write what happens in my life, Although i tend to add some dramatic styling to my tale so it's not all true. There is a word for this style of writing calle.. more..

Writing