---The Desperate Man---

---The Desperate Man---

A Story by VictorSimones
"

A man's decision between right and wrong. Light and Dark

"
I take a step outside, Coffee in one hand, Jacket in the other.
Darkness invites me into the night like an old friend. Embracing, Mysterious, and yet slightly dangerous.
I am standing outside of the door now, With each step I take I get closer to darkness and further away from the light. A cold breeze rushes through me and send a chill down to my core, Thus reminding me of an outer layer. As I am putting on my Schott motorcycle jacket I glance towards the sky.
I see clouds, Lightly sailing above my head and are all the while being illuminated by an orange glow. Upon further examination this glow happened to be coming from a cheddar lit moon bouncing the rays from the sun.
Drifting from thought to thought I began to contemplate to myself. Why is it that I love nights like these and what is it exactly that makes night like these liveable.
I stroll to the closest table and take a seat. Casually noticing my surroundings I sense a man to my left. He is in inching is way from a lit up light post to a shady column, Which so happens to be next to a group of oblivious people.
As time eludes me I kept my gaze on this hulking beast of a man who was swaying back and forth unsure of his actions. Instinctively I began to anaylize this man. He looked like a balding dwarf with lumberjack forearms and a face that has seen hard times. Although his body surpassed mine in stature he seemed shrunken because of his bulging belly. 

I kept my gaze on him for some while. Little by little he started to sway to and fro and inch his way closer to the group grunting towards them with no clear intentions.

Now clearly reaching the shady column he reaches to his back pocket and takes out a shiny metal fork which he turned on its back.Moving closer to the group I started to get an uneasy feeling about him.
          He was grunting under his chin and swaying back and forth looking menacingly towards the group who were still oblivious to the man.
He takes the would be evidence to a crime scene and leans next to the column just feet away from his first prey. 

© 2012 VictorSimones


Author's Note

VictorSimones
Not sure how to finish the story haven't taken the time to figure it out but soon will update.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great lay down of the work, can't wait for the flourish of the ending im sure it will be =)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Some proof reading needed. My journey through the story was slightly impeded by the random changes of tense from present to past and back again. The strange use of phrases, such as " grunting under his chin", caused me to stumble. I could not see where you were going with the moon. Even a harvest moon only glows orange it does cast an orange light. Keep going, Victor

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am interested in finding out how this ends

Posted 11 Years Ago


I appreciate the suggestion, As it was early in the morning late in my books I was worn down and wanted to produce a piece early on. It will more than likely be revised.


Posted 11 Years Ago


You have given a good build-up to the plot. It would be even better if the language was a bit more concise in the entire chapter for example- "Grunting and swaying back and forth he was looking menacingly at the oblivious group" ----This stops the reader from getting entangled in too much wording and more drawn to the very interesting plot that you are sketching.
Otherwise superb. Regards, DN

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 27, 2012

Author

VictorSimones
VictorSimones

Antioch, CA



About
Hello fellow WritersCafe users, I tend to write what happens in my life, Although i tend to add some dramatic styling to my tale so it's not all true. There is a word for this style of writing calle.. more..

Writing