Autobiography of a Stone

Autobiography of a Stone

A Story by Vinay Kumar

The biography of a stone

 

            Somewhere on the highway, near the roots of tall trees, I lied uncared from the times unknown. I don’t remember about my birth. May be millions years ago, but as I said I don’t remember. As far as I can remember I lied beside a road, near the roots of one of the thousands of the tall trees which stood there tall. It was a long road where not many used to travel. I lied there for a long time observing the changing trends. I was nothing. I was just one of the thousands of stones unknown for the reason of their existence.

            

But the trends changed. The road less travelled became a road filled with vehicles. Every time, it was filled with them. More of them came. And with them, came the pollution, and people with spoiled mentality. One day, I became the victim to another mentally polluted man. A big red car moving at a very high speed through the road, stopped at me. A man, maybe a rich man I guessed from the appearance which I saw from the opened window of the car. He peeped through the frame of the window, and spitted on me. And I couldn’t do anything.

            

One day, a man of beauty, an artist as I guessed from his appearance, in the dress spoiled with stains of paint but he didn’t cared about it, came out black & yellow taxi. I never knew something special in me but only can artist can see what is artistic.

           

The artist murmured at me “It will work great. Let’s pick this one” That moment I came to know how an orphanage feels like when he is adopted. He put me on the taxi with the help of the driver. Whole of the passage I thought about my future. What he will do with me. He looked like a good man. But I was happy to be selected out of thousands.

            

He took me to his workshop. The room filled with dim light and a lot of stones… all kind of stones. Big, small, shining, beautiful, and many were half transformed into beautiful structures. Other than stones, only tools I could see. Dozens of tools. He placed me at a cleaned space. And started working on me soon. He worked on me day and night. He worked hard. Till now, I knew that I was being transformed to the statue of a God. Maybe lord Krishna as I heard him talking.

            

After about three weeks of hard work, I was completed and was being placed in a temple. There I saw the infinite devotion of people in me. I had never seen this. I never expected this for me. I was being worshiped like any God. The rich man, who once spitted on me, was ordaining me with milk and honey. But I still didn’t like the touch of that man. He worshipped me and asked for a success in upcoming deal in the business. If at all it was in my hands, I would have never done that.

            

The destiny has taken me to a place I never dreamt of. Few days ago, I was nothing. But now, I was the God of the world. A helpless God, who cannot even itch itself. How can I fulfil the wishes of poor people? The artist, who made me the God, never came to worship me. He knows what I am. And he also knows that the God is in his his hands by virtue of which he can create hundreds of gods like me.

© 2012 Vinay Kumar


Author's Note

Vinay Kumar
please give me your advice on this one so that i can make my next writings better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OooOo I liked this! Its unique and the idea is bright and understandable. The ending was the piece that tied it all together giving it a final meaning. Sadly I must agree with the other reviews. At times I found myself getting distracted by the writing itself and having to force myself to go back and reread it. But the feel you gave, the uselessness of the stone, it worked so well in your favour! Made us reads feel powerless as well, as we sit back and feel whats going on around us and the stone.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vinay Kumar

11 Years Ago

thank you very much, and i promise, i will solve out my problems with grammar and all very soon.. :)



Reviews

OooOo I liked this! Its unique and the idea is bright and understandable. The ending was the piece that tied it all together giving it a final meaning. Sadly I must agree with the other reviews. At times I found myself getting distracted by the writing itself and having to force myself to go back and reread it. But the feel you gave, the uselessness of the stone, it worked so well in your favour! Made us reads feel powerless as well, as we sit back and feel whats going on around us and the stone.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vinay Kumar

11 Years Ago

thank you very much, and i promise, i will solve out my problems with grammar and all very soon.. :)
This is a very profound piece of prose. It is a lovely tale and more like a fable. As I said previously if you use spelling and grammar software it will enhance your writing for a wider international audience.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vinay Kumar

11 Years Ago

thanks for your valuable suggestion sir, i m glad you liked it.. :)
Wow!A very fresh topic and rare too. Awesomely written! like others said work on grammar:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vinay Kumar

11 Years Ago

i m glad u liked it. :) and yes, i m working on my grammar. please read my poem too and tell me how .. read more
Very creative. A surprise direction. Work on grammar and context. Like "A helpless God, who cannot even SCRATCH. itself." Also god should really be lower case g. But I like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vinay Kumar

11 Years Ago

thank you very much, i will surely improve by your suggestion.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012
Tags: stone, god, idolater, mental, artist, change, destiny

Author

Vinay Kumar
Vinay Kumar

Delhi, India



About
beside from being an EC engineering Indian student, all i do is writing. In short, if wasn't meant to be an engineer, i were a writer. more..

Writing