The Bubble

The Bubble

A Story by Vinit Nair
"

In the future the comic book Bubble has bursted and in the midst of all this a young writer is given a chance to create a new superhero. On the other hand a mysterious new guy is running for governor.

"
The Bubble
I was born in April 23rd 2058. My name’s Michael Hall. I remember my birth date vividly. I mean who doesn’t but it etched to my brain more than any other dates, other than the fact that I was born; my father paraded me on the red carpet the next day. It was the opening night of his movie Cyborg Boy. It was a big thing in the fifties. I almost slept every day with a f*****g prop from the movie. I almost died one time.
“Hey watch it Buttfucker!” I almost killed another homeless guy in a few years. My hands are tired. My head feels like a hundred pounds. I turn left to hit the bridge. I ride has techno pink color. It’s not pink I mean you gotta see it to know I guess. The smell of this city irritates me. It surprises me sometimes how did I put up with this shithole in all these years. The city that I once fell in love with looked awful. There was heavy traffic on the bottom lane. People who can’t afford the gravity automation filled the bottom. They were bottom of this food chain. The apex people like us in our’ techno pink’ car rose up and took the upper section. The business towers were competing with each other in the ‘who’s the tallest’ game. I looked down and people, lazy people on mini G’S strolling around the streets, their feet never touching the roads below. Necessity isn’t the mother of all inventions. You know what is, it’s f*****g laziness. They would love something that could make them eat, s**t and f**k at the same time.
I made my way to Jimmy’s house. He’s a coke addict, I mean who isn’t in this town but if you meet jimmy you will understand what separates him from other addicts. He told me it was urgent, usually I don’t enter his house but the last three days I spent were with prostitutes. I smelled of jizz and sweat and cigarettes. I turned on the radio to get that thought outta my head.
There have been new reports developing in the murder of Ben Kilmer, more on the later. Now let’s go to Jamie Vardy interviewing S.A.M the new A.I who might be voting in the coming elections
Great now gearheads are gonna vote. This is fucked up. I stepped on the gas. I want some blow and a soft couch. I park the car outside slowly; I don’t want any scratch or more likely blood on my car.
“What’s that color? It looks awful” I kid on his bicycle runs his mouth
“Its techno pink cocksucker” I gave him a mean look like I gonna f*****g murder him if he responses to what I said. I dragged my legs toward the door and started ringing the bell continuously. You have to do his if you wanna get in. The sound so much f***s with your ears that he would wake up even if he is Od’ed. I finally hear him mumbling something inside.
“Jimmy it’s me Mike open the f*****g door” I hear footsteps getting closer. I don’t like it here. Jimmy’s like a dead man walking. And I don’t wanna be here when the s**t hits the fan. The door opens and I wished it never would have.
“Mike, hey come in. You are Mike right I mean Mike Hall.” F*****g crack w***e.
“How many Mikes do you know Jimmy?” I ask him. It was cold outside. There was a little sun when I left home now it was just cold, dark and s****y.
“Too many, just too many”
“And how many of them would be insane enough to come to your house Jimmy” I didn’t have time for this I pushed him aside and went for the couch.
When Jimmy bought this house some years ago it was kinda good. It was clean to say the least. Now there were pissed stained walls and cocaine stained dollars here. It smelled worse than him.
“Ok… What’s so important that you couldn’t say on the phone” I adjusted my a*s on the couch which was surprisingly clean.
“Michael when’s the last time you saw a superhero movie”
“I hardly watch them Jimmy, they are box office poison now. I don’t want that running in my head when I go to sleep”
“Michael-“he staggers. He’s sweating like a pig. “-the comic book bubble just burst a few years back. People don’t know it yet, actually a few of the movies is raking up some decent numbers. No one watched that s**t anymore. And we need to change that Mike”
Nobody watched superhero movies anymore. They started their ‘phase 12’ two years back. They pissed all over their pants when people responded. Sequels, prequels, origin stories, assembly, even thinking about it make me wanna puke my guts out. I puked on the couch. Jimmy didn’t say anything. It didn’t matter to him. You could piss on the corner and he would join in.
“What did the network say about my project?” I have been working on a script since 2 years now. It’s a post apocalyptic driven story. People eat that s**t up, to think about the future, really gets their dicks hard.
“The network didn’t budge Michael I’m sorry” he said and went inside. I sat beside my puke and tried to read the thoughts cramming up my mind, I was lost in translation. I cut off with my dad a few years ago when my show my green lit. It was shown in one of the 50 million channels available. God rest in peace got mixed reactions but it was enough to keep me drunk for 2 years. Jimmy walked in the scene. He wasn’t wearing anything.
“I got good news for you Mike I just a favor”
“Let’s hear the f*****g good news and then I’ll decide” I told him. I rarely get any good news nowadays. My moment of the year was crashing in Tom Cruise’s granddaughter’s Christmas party.
“The network has some tie in with a game developing company-“he started looking for his pants”- they want you to give birth to a f*****g new hero” of course they did. Many people have tried and got fucked in the a*s.
“Jimmy that’s horrible news that’s nothing new”
“No… no listen, Dicks4Picks - this Asian gaming company has developed a f*****g neo-virtual gaming platform. So Steve knows some f*****g d****e in the company. They are looking for a new story…”
“I’m not writing story for some f*****g game” It was a bad idea though. With the fall of comics, creators are looking for a medium to introduce their heroes. Nobody wanted to watch FuckFaceMan without knowing who the f**k it is. Two years back a couple of kids successfully looted a bank. They got the idea from playing a f*****g neo game. My thoughts were split in this one.
“You have never experienced these games Mike. Steve is saying kids might actually kill people after playing these. That’s great isn’t it?”
“So let me get this straight the network wants a f*****g superhero so they are producing a f*****g virtual shitfuck to shove the character down people’s throats” It was brilliant . A few pieces were remaining but the final picture was like that part in the masterpiece that gives you a boner. And I wanted the money.
“True” he blurted.
“So what’s your end of the deal” I asked him fearing the worst.
“I want Jessica” he said and I immediately stood up and went for the door. He went after me and blocked my exit.
“I know you have seen her Mike, she’s pissed off at me man, I… want to f**k her brains out Mike, and I wanna rub my c**k with cocaine and put it inside her shithole Mike… I wanna dip myself in every drug there is and be inside her Mike”
“Jimmy you need help and I head feels like an old detuned radio Okay, I will tell Jessica that he misses you”
I walked towards my car and lit a smoke. Some kids were eyeing my ride, an Audi 205 from couple blocks away. I gave them a stare and got inside. My head were singing songs of doom and the radio was not helping.
…for the people and for the next few minutes we have breast expert Sonny Mendoza talking about the rise of triple breasted surgery, but now listen to some classic Justin Bieber.
I reside in apartment 406 in the Lexington Street. It is the largest area in the city which uses renewable sources on a daily basis. The debates about the global warming still rages on TV. When you are broke and have no job you wake up when there’s light and you sleep when it’s dark. Although I got no job in the past few months I rarely buy anything for me. Most of the things in my apartment are gifts from family and friends. I hear a noise from the bedroom. i got so much instruments working I don’t know which one makes which noise. It’s my phone. I play the e-mail Jerry sent.
“Meeting with the Dicks4Picks people today, pick me up on the way I got some errands” I toss the cell on the couch; my head could outweigh an extinct blue f*****g whale. I got some coffee in me and got in my car.
It was about to rain as I sped through the streets. The elections were upon us and the people were buzzing. I scanned the radio to listen to some songs which has words in them. Since the last decade the songs have been reduced to dumb f*****g sounds. EDM movement and the f*****g hippies have taken over.
“Just scan for some f*****g news?”
People hate change they fear it, they don’t trust it. I believe in change. Some of you may remember Harvey milk. A fearless gay man who stood for what was right. And he was killed for his actions. Fear for change is natural. People say I’m not human. I don’t care one bit, human or non-human you want a leader who is strong and has ideal belief, who takes a stand and protect the rights of people living in this city.
I actually know this guy; he came around in parties my father threw once a week. He lost his hands and some motor functions in an accident in his mid 30’s. Bradley ‘the droid’ Cummins, he was talk of the town. I’m not really into politics. I just mind my own business.
The temperature was over the roof. I heard the news about the animals exploded due to heat in Africa. Jimmy took the shotgun and lit a cigarette. I put the location on the GPS and floored it.
“I met Jessica the other night. I didn’t f**k her Mike. I bought these drugs from couple of kids down the block. It was great. We just passed out. You should have come in. She’s still in the house”
“I don’t like her that much” I told him. Jessica was cool. The only reason I see her was because she fucked me good. She’s a f*****g mess. She almost took my eye out one time at a party. Hit me with a bottle. It was all over the news.
“I love her Mike… when I’m with her it’s like I’m finally getting through. You think she’ll marry me.”
“You got the money Jimmy of course she will, she’s a w***e”
Jimmy passed out after some time. Or was he sleeping, I don’t know what he was smoking. It gave me time to get my head straight and align the story in my head. It was a brilliant character, a f*****g awesome superhero. This might make it to the box office. I needed to make this work. This one hit can get my career on line.
The place was located at the southern side of the city. I parked the car as I drove through the gaming company’s museum. They had libraries, playground, and tour buses on the east side of the area. A tall lean Asian guy walked us inside. I could hardly see this face and his pants were low as the butt cheeks cracked out of his pants. A fashion, people embraced at the turn of the decade.
We entered a dark lit room. The sunlight could was hardly reaching in. the dust were settled in on every surface. There were people typing so hard you could hear it from a distance. The Asian guy didn’t mutter a single word all along. He waved us to get comfortable on the chairs, whipped his cell out and said something in Asian or whatever language they speak
“Mr. Miyazaki will be here within a few minutes. Do you wanna immerse yourself in the world of Zuturu for quick bit?” his voice was slightly pitched. He looked desperate than before. I turned him down and asked for some coffee.
“Sure” he took a VR headset and started shadow boxing. I saw a few people coming out from possibly the legal department. ‘This place is huge’ I thought.
As I was about to sleep the door opened and short and strongly good looking guy walked in. You could say he was in the gaming business. I don’t know how but just you could. He threw a pen at the Asian guy and sat at opposite to us. His chair was suited to his height.
“Good evening gentleman, I’m Hiroyuki Miyazaki. I’m the top head guy or something. You must be the guys Steve mentioned”
“What happened to the guys in writing department?” I have to ask. Jimmy stared at me and leaned back on his chair.
“I’m a huge fan of your father, we all are. I have about your work with DirtChannel6. You were the principle screenwriter there. Steve speaks a great deal about you. I think you can nail this” he calls the other guy who showed us around. Peter, his name, he came to the table and started whispering.
“You guys need anything, coffee, cocaine, Mountain Dew, anything?”
“Can we do this quick, I need to…”
“Yeah sure, why don’t we move this meeting to a more comfortable place?” we got up and entered another door at the right side of the room. It was dark. Seems like every room in here were.
“Last year we made these enhancements in VR headsets. Shifter, our new line of headsets comes with 3d vision, sense, smell and our new feature pain” he gave a crooked smile which I liked a lot. It pretty well matched with his Asian face. “Our body has certain pain receptors you see, you hit the right nerve and you feel the tingle. It’s like Eletroaccupunture. The subject feels every hit he takes but you know… I mean it hurts but not that much”
Finally we reached the room. It was the same as before. Weirdly enough the lights falling on the room were the same as the previous one. “So you didn’t say about your writing guy” I told him not enough firmly cause I was feeling kinda odd.
“Oh he died, auto erotic asphyxiation. F****r hanged himself” I panicked a little mostly because I thought I was getting this job due some guy who died.
“Didn’t you just say something about cocaine some time ago” Jimmy asked.
“Eh yeah… just visit the room we were in and ask anyone” Jimmy walked away to get high and I was stuck there alone with my thoughts. It was good a time as any to tell him about the script.
“Alright Mr. Miyazaki the story I wrote…” he cut me off
“Yeah actually the auto erotic guy…” I cut him off this time.
“Doesn’t he have a name?”
“I don’t know. Now we refer to him as Mr. Auto erotic. So anyway he was actually working on some goofy storyline. But he didn’t finish it for obvious reasons -“
“Cause he died of strangulation in an effort to sexually arouse himself”
“Exactly, now the other writers have actually gone on to complete this Magnum Opus of his but none gave me a high. So I want you to take a shot”
“So the job is not technically mine yet”
“Correct… I have already sent you the script. Just complete the f*****g story and get back to me”
“You could have done it without calling me here” I told him. I stand up. I wanna get the f**k outta here fast. I was never coming to a gaming HQ again. This place isn’t me.
“You’re bored, broke and jobless. This meeting was supposed to happen this way no matter what. I will blast you the details. Hit me in a couple of weeks.”
“Okay Asian guy” I say Jimmy shoving the dirt up every pore he has. Obviously I was driving. I heard the Asian guy scream in the other room.
“I don’t give a f**k; look if you wanna have sex with droids go to f*****g Amsterdam. I…” I got the keys from his pockets and made my way to the lot. I left Jimmy there. I don’t want a f*****g Junkie on my way back. I tried to get my head wrapped around in this. I was filled up for a dead guy. I lit one as I reached the parking lot. I saw a private jet. It was a Bonsanto jet. It’s some agrochemical bullshit. Nowadays the skyscrapers are making f*****g gardens and s**t on every floor. It was a way to preserve the ‘nature’. I care about this world, as long as I’m in here. I don’t give a f**k about it when I’m dead. If this place was attacked my every post apocalyptic shithole scenarios I know after I’m gone, I don’t give a dead dog’s dick about it.
“God, the superhero is god, is it any good?” it has been 2 weeks and I was never walked out of that door. Why would I? I can get everything delivered here. Why does anyone go out at this age?
“This might be like a f*****g jackpot; I mean this guy was a f*****g genius.” I told him. Jimmy was here for a week. I told him the wonders of staying indoors and he liked it. I actually came to know many things about him. He can cook really well. He has sex in Area 51 back in the day when it became a tourist destination. Once he counted to 2016 sheep and still didn’t go to sleep.
“I mean who is the Villain, Satan” he asked me.
“Well he was pretty dumb in certain areas, he definitely made Satan the villain but he wrote it’s the ruler of hell”
“Isn’t he?” he asked again. I never saw him clean and sober for this long. I hated him though.
“No Turdfuck, It’s like saying Dr. Hannibal Lecter is the ruler of Baltimore state hospital, Satan is not any f*****g ruler. He’s the primary antagonist. I mean the good thing about this is, we can dress him anyway way we want. I mean who has seen god right?”
“Isn’t the dude in white robe a god?”
“No, no he is the son of god. I mean god can be a disfigured 60 year old hobo. I’m not gonna portray him like that but just saying.” This might work I thought. This might change my life. I was afraid. I didn’t wanna go outside. I blasted Miyazaki the storyline and he said and I quote ‘s**t his tiny underwear’. I went to get my clothes. Jimmy turned the TV on.
Alex Cross, the star of the new movie Space bestiality; a new porn genre which has reached its peak died yesterday. Apparently his colon ruptured in a brutal sex scene with a horse. Fans have demanded to kill the horse as soon as possible.
(12 months later)
“So I went to this movie screening yesterday, Sexual high. They are calling it a zero gravity sex tape. Apparently this Alex guy fucked some actress in a space ship or something, do you think it was real?” Jimmy was driving me to a party. I was tired at the screening and went out to get a smoke. I was outside the entire time.
“I went to the screening too, you Jerk”
“I don’t remember. I’m forgetting lotta things over past few weeks” I dozed off and the next thing I know, I was holding a drink in my hands and people were having a good time around me. I sat around the bar for a few minutes when a familiar voice called me.
“Mike, long time, were you at the screening too?” Jessica asked. She looked beautiful. She was wearing. She was wearing a tight pink top. Her bracelets were so shiny I was could hardly see anything down her waist.
“No, Jimmy called me to attend the party. You came here alone?”
“Oh no. I came with possibly the future mayor of this town”
It was depressing. Not that I wanted but seeing her happy made me jealous. I didn’t want her to be happy. She was a crack w***e. What does he deserve? Nobody in this room deserves anything.
“Jimmy told me you doing well that you got a game deal. My cousin plays these games. They are really addictive” she started doing shots. I just saw her face, her pretty face. I wanted to take her home, tie her to my bed and never let go. She poured me vodka.
“He actually recognized you. Oh you need to meet him. He’s really great. He always talks about how he’s gonna make this country great and s**t like that”
“I’m sure he does”
“Let’s go” she dragged me from the open bar. My head was spinning as I ran behind her. I think I saw Tom Cruise’s granddaughter there.
“Bradley you remember Mike” I don’t know if it was the alcohol or something else but Bradley looked like someone I know for years. He face reminded me of a place, a place where I longed to go and lie there forever. There was something wrong with his face, the accident of course.
“Of course” he shook my hand. I didn’t extend mine. He still did it, I didn’t know how. My brain was at the hangover point. One more sip and it’s over.
“Come walk with me, you should put the drink down” he said and took my drink. My hands felt light, couldn’t say that about my head. We went outside. It was an awful night. An awful darkness surrounded all the skyscrapers like fake fans around this place. The people looked tiny from there. We were so high up, perfect place to throw up.
“You know Mikey; people don’t believe in heroes anymore, they want someone who can f**k ‘em good and make them pancakes for breakfast”
“I hate pancakes”
“I know” I looked in his eyes. There was something in here that was telling me something the whole night. Something deep down in there is something that I own, something that is mine.
“Do I know you?” I asked him optimistically. I wanted a yes. I wanted someone who knows me.
“You’re looking at the future mayor of this town kid” he said and looked at the stars. I followed his gaze. It was beautiful. It was scattered around the sky like some abstract art on a wall. I used to look at the stars for hours when I was a kid. They were oddly put around the skies, you can’t see them all the time and they disappear after some time. Somehow I could relate to it.
“You should go home Mickey”
“You keep calling me Mickey, only my dad called me Mickey” he gaze shifted to me. I sat down. My feet were burning. I threw up in my mouth. It was still better than some drinks I had tonight. He started walking inside.
“You are not my dad are you? This isn’t one of his plans to take over the city is it?” I was saying the first things that came to my head. Every weird theory that I thought was possible. I mean why not my dad was a genius. He could do s**t like this if he was drunk one night. He walked towards me.
“I knew your father Mickey; He’s a great guy…”
“I don’t know the last time I talked to him”
“Then you should, your father is the greatest guy I know, you were always close to me Mickey”
“Dude what the f**k are you talking about?” Jessica came to our little weird party. Then and there I knew what I wanted, to take her home and f**k her like and animal. To lick her sweat from every pore and just stay wrapped around her till the sunrise.
“Mike are you alright?” her voice wasn’t helping.
“Jessica could you drop Mike home, here take my keys. I gotta call from my campaign manager.” he smiled at me and went inside. It was all a blue after that I remembered the ride the car with Jessica.
“He’s speaks about you quite a lot you know” she said as I was staring at the lights on the streets.
“I think he wants to f**k me, I’m not lying you should have been there. He’s f*****g weird”
“Well he’s quite good in bed actually. He never has an orgasm which is quite weird”
“See, I told you” I totally told her.
“Who cares as long as I’m having one” she smiled and took a left turn. I placed my head comfortably and listened to some tunes. Fortunately it has some words in them.
“So I went to this store yesterday. It’s a mall opposite to the East wick studios. It has the best staff Mike. I mean the staff bots in there take care of you like no one. The cute thing is they are naming them now…”
“What do you mean he doesn’t have an orgasm?” I asked as something hit my mind. I hit the first phase of sobriety at that point. My mind was shaky but running quite effectively.
“I… you know he rarely comes. I mean I don’t remember I’m always wacked out of my mind. You know me”
“What kinda things he talks about me?”
“That you really liked your toys. You always kept them close to you. They were the only people you cared about.”
“Listen I don’t wanna f**k you tonight if it’s okay with you”
“Yeah sure, I was actually tired; I might watch reruns of Game of Thrones”
She parked around the building, after an hour of trying I opened the door of the car. She rolled down the windows.
“Are you okay?” I was disappointed because I spent too much time with real people. I need the darkness of my house.
“I’m okay Jessica, thanks for dropping me”
“You don’t look okay and you don’t look drunk so I can’t tell what’s wrong”
“Nothing’s wrong, I should go now” I told her and turned around. I heard the engine revving. I turned back and waved at her. She stopped the car.
“Okay Mike you are not okay”
“Does he make you pancakes?” that’s what I asked her. On a night when I rejected sex with a pretty lady I asked her if the man she’s spending time with makes her pancakes.
“Huh… yeah he does” I turned around and started walking towards the building as fast as I could. If I wasn’t fast enough I could wake up on the road.
Someone was stabbing my forehead that morning. That someone was ‘last night’. I switched on the TV with my awful voice as a command. It was showing report. Someone was knocking. It would be Jimmy. He always knocks like a crackhead. You can always know when a crackhead knocks. You just need to hear the desperation.
“What” he stormed in. I almost fell on the floor. He was freaking out. His hair was messed up. His eyes were shot. He was scratching his head as he was walking in circles.
“Is this one of your episodes? If yes then I’m going out” I told him.
“I couldn’t find her”
“Who?” I asked him as I sat on the couch.
“Jessica. She’s not picking up or returning any calls, I went to her house and she wasn’t there”
“She’s holding up at ‘future mayors’ house.” I told him as my mind was half expecting that he would cook me breakfast.
“I went there, she’s not there”
“You what?” a tiny fear attached itself to my brain. My mind was making the worst conclusions possible.
“Give it a rest she will call you” I said half heartedly.
“I have been calling her since last night. After you guys left I got bored and drifted off. I’m calling her ever since”
“Doesn’t she have s sister in the suburbs?” I asked him
“Called her? I’m coming from her house. She hasn’t seen her for months.”
“Listen I’m attending the E3, they told me to rehearse my award speech, we talk about it when I return right”
“I’m away on job as well; this director friend of Steve apparently made a whole movie with his eyes. Eyes are the cameras of a director you know the speech from last night two months ago”
“How long is this?” we weirdly changed subjects at that point.
“15 minutes or something”
“Alright make sure you lock the door” I said and left. I could see the blurred face of Jessica from last light. Is it possible? My mind was making a pattern. I needed to settle this. I turned on the radio and there he was.
Live from 56th street, we have Bradley Cummins talking to a mass public who are eager to listen every word ‘the droid’ has to say.
I fired up the engine and made my way to 56th. Why the hell did I went to that party? That was a big f*****g mistake. I knew something was wrong. Something was twisted. Something didn’t made sense. For a minute I thought my childhood was a big f*****g lie.
I reached the venue. The scene looked political, people shouting slogans, listening to a guy they hardly know talk s**t about his schemes, people getting their hopes up only to take a dump on this guy months after this, Yup classic political event. I waited till he did his thing, his words ringing in my years. I started going through the scenarios in my mind on how to confront him. I could kill him. I mean I have killed people before just never deliberately. I made my way up upfront into the crowd, with every step his face getting with every step. He saw me, he f*****g looked at me. He knows, yet he is so composed, his words not breaking any rhythm, hitting every high pitch as he waves the crowd. Somehow I knew security was not going to be a problem. With an invisible all access pass I entered the building and made my way up the stairs into his office.
I knocked on the door. I was expecting to hear his voice. “Come in” he said as I opened. He occupied his chair facing me, smiling, and his cheeks wider than the sky.
“I hope you are not still drunk?”
“I wish, where’s Jessica?” I threw it at his lifeless face. He still smiled, stood up and came in front of the desk.
“You think I did something to her?”
“Did you?”
“You know Mickey, when I was a child I had this great friend. We always spent time together. But when he grew older he became distant. He became lost, so did I. He taught me most of the things…”
“What the f**k are you talking about?” I interrupted his childhood fantasy story.
“Could you let me finish?”
“No, what the f**k is going on, why are you talking like that?” I was losing my mind. I should have been more social. Should have been kind towards people, should have done something good with my life. He walked close to me. I thought of gouging his eyeballs. That’s the only way I could kill him.
“Mickey, I’m Cyborg Boy, your Cyborg Boy”
“What?” I fell down. I couldn’t breathe. I thought of the stars, the shiny stars that hardly anyone cares about, glittered around by someone who was playing around, silent and still.
“No… how is… if you wanna kill me do it right now”
“Kill you?” he laughed. He touched my face and ran his hand thorough my hair. “I would never do that” I got up and plunged on the chair. He gave me a glass of water.
“So what is this one of your sick political move?” I asked as I chucked down the liquid.
“No Mickey…”
“Stop calling me that”
“I always called you that” he said and he sat down beside me.
“You are not him, you are not… you know”
“My name is TIM 053. Your father made me. He was tied up with some company who made robots for kids, toys. They were researching for artificial intelligence. I know I have some memories deleted from my drive but the farthest I could go back is you. You run around. Eating pies, sleeping, it’s all been you”
“Where’s… where’s dad?”
“I don’t know. I haven’t seen him in years. I have been managed my Laurent”
“Uncle Larry, that bald old guy…”I came to my senses and asked him something I came to mind “…So you are like an A.I. You are not human; don’t you think people need to know that?”
“People need to believe in someone they can trust. I’m not saying I’m better than those who the people who sweat and s**t. I think I can make a difference.”
“You can ‘think’. Is that something you do often?”
“You would be surprised how much I can think”
“Is that what you did to Jessica you ‘thought’ to wipe her out” He looked more human now.
“I told you…” I got up. I had enough of this. The longer it goes, my mind is gonna get heavier. I turned back when I was almost at the door.
“You know you’re lucky. I never gave two s***s about anyone, neither father, definitely not you. I don’t care what you do. I don’t care if you shoot the kneecap off this world. Just make sure you don’t come close to me. I don’t want you or Dad in my life. Stay the f**k away. Never try to contact me again. Being an A.I doesn’t make you god.”
“Says the guy who used god to make his living” I reached my car, got inside and started screaming at the top of my lungs. I liked it, never felt better than this for a long time. I turned the ignition and made my way through the streets of lowlifes. I saw these people as they slept on parking lots, wearing torn clothes, f*****g in the open like a bunch of animals. I have never endured what these people are going through and yet I was miserable. I knew I was not going to forget him. He’s gonna win the election soon. He’s going to be on posters, TVs and radios. Just when I thought my life was shoving s**t up my nose my car hit someone. Or I did. I rolled the windows and prayed it was a dog. Of course it wasn’t. I looked around not for people but for security cams. There were none. I took a deep breath and called Jimmy.
“You weren’t at the expo. Where the f***s are you?”
“A thing came in. It was pretty important”
“Well congratulations you m**********r. You the bagged the award, some guy took it I don’t know his f*****g name. Never seen him”
“Jimmy…” I took a small pause “… I saw Jessica”
“What? Where are you?” it’s not easy to lie on the phone but it’s certainly convenient.
“I’m returning from the airport, she went to someplace in Europe I guess. I don’t know”
“What? That’s f*****g insane. She always liked it in here”
“Yeah Jimmy, she looked happy. It seemed like she finally got someplace she thinks she belongs.”
“Why would she go there?”
“I don’t f*****g know Fucko. I am coming home. Let’s go to that club you like, you know the one with Sexbots.”
“Okay, see you soon”
“Yeah, she looked great. She told me how well you cooked”
“Meth or food?” he asked. I disconnected the call. Closed my eyes, I could see the man a few meters away from the mirror. He wasn’t moving. I started the car and took the bridge. The switched the radio on just to make my mind occupied.
We have Princess Carolynn with the droid. Hope she’s not talking about her multiple breast implants. Carol what have we got. Yes Blaine, the droid is with me. Bradley have you ever thought about running let’s say the president. No Carolynn, I have never thought about it, may be maybe not let’s see.
THE END

© 2017 Vinit Nair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on January 24, 2017
Last Updated on January 24, 2017
Tags: hollywood, book, comic, Superhero

Author

Vinit Nair
Vinit Nair

Surat, Hindu, India



About
I'm quite young and trying to find my feet in this world more..

Writing
The Bubble The Bubble

A Story by Vinit Nair