Replacement

Replacement

A Story by Dewella~Vintella

You are 10 years old, and the dog you have had since you were born just died, your mom comes to you and says “Its okay, we can get a new one, hun.” A new dog to replace the one that just died.

You are 15 when your first love breaks your heart. Buts its okay, cause your friends say you can find another guy, one that will always love you. One to replace him.

You are 17 when you lose the ring your grandma gave you for your birthday. Your grandma comes to you and says its okay, she will buy you a new one, maybe even a better one. A new ring to replace the one you lost.

You are 19 when you total the car your parents bought you for graduation, because they trusted you and were proud of you. Your parents say its okay, they were just glad you were not hurt, and they will get you a new one. One to replace the present that symbolized trust.

You are 22 when you lose your job, replaced by someone who is better experienced.

You are 35 when your fiancé walks out on the wedding, and after months of crying, your friends take you out on the town. Destined to wash away your tears with a new guy, someone to replace the one that walked out on you.

You are 40 when you lose your job again, replaced by someone younger with more energy.

And now, you are 50, sitting at home, with another dog to replace the last one. A husband who loves you and has replaced your first love, and your old finace. You have the the ring your grandmother replaced with the first on, and a new car that replaced the second car your parents bought you. And you have a job working from home, one that you can not be replaced with.

You are 55 when you realize the word ‘replacement’ is fake and a use of false security.

Because no one will ever be able to replace your first dog, the one you grew up with and loved so much. No one will be able to replace that boy you first kissed and fell in love with.

Nothing will replace the first ring your dead grandmother gave to you, a gift that meant so much. And no car will replace the first one you got as a present that represented how proud your parents were of you. No one will be able to truly replace you at any of your jobs, sure they might be more experienced, or be more energetic, but no one will ever do it like you did, weather it was good or bad.

Replacement is false and fake, nothing will happen the same way twice, not to a T. With every passing day and each person there will be a difference. So in that, nothing can replace something else.

© 2011 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh man. So true. We can never replace anything. Only try to supplement the thing we lost. There may be times when the new is better than the old, but it is not a replacement. It is simply new. A lesson we all need to learn at some point.

Love the short and sweet presentation you have here and how you separated the ages and what could be considered the important thing at that point in life.

Posted 1 Year Ago


spoken with words of wisdom
i really like the story
there sounds so much experience from it
but it''s right,
it''s totally right
keep on writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 31, 2011
Last Updated on August 1, 2011

Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella