Obsidian Heart

Obsidian Heart

A Poem by Samantha ~virginpoet

Atramentous Edge
She douses her rusted spikes
in hell's nine infernos

And stabs them serenely
into her pallid iris

She howls in agony
thrust in Death's ravenous throes
and screams diabolically
in the dark splendor of her crisis

Silver specks
of shattered dreams
slit her pitch-black veins

Carving a tale
of betrayal
into her web
of wilting
bones

Only an entrancing flicker
of demonic shadows remains

Burying what's left
of her beneath their
blood-splattered thrones

A winged dungeon
of darkness
seeps into her
twisted brain

As she tugs at her
golden bracelet
a gift from the skies

Chunks of severed flesh
enmesh her nails
like a cursed
night's stain

Melanoid nightmares
tattoo her wrists
as the golden
hue dies

Torn in limbo
between two dimensions
of demons and of shadows

She counts
the demented beasts
mauling her crumbling soul apart

And she sighs
with resignation
as she floats through
death's meadow

She dives into
the worst of three
her obsidian fading heart




By Samantha Pruitt

© 2014 Samantha ~virginpoet


Author's Note

Samantha ~virginpoet
Melanoid ... dark colored




My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We only see the light when we are in the darkness and we often forget that until we are actually there.

This hopefully is a passing situation for you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Catchy,provoking you to vent to yourself! Lovely :)
perhaps you could check out my profile sometime?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Yes. Dark colored indeed. It made my heart frantically race and my eyes widen with each word. It made me lean forward and brought me to the edge of my seat. It sent shivers skittering along my spine... It was dark and chilling. Vivid. I may have a nightmare tonight... :) Well Done Samantha.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Yikes! I'm sleeping with the light on tonight!!!! Well done. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


My favorite books are Dante and Virgil. You had me at the nine infernos. I like the thoughts and the description in the poem. Had the feel of the ancient writers. For some Hell is a good place. I'm going to Purgatory Inn myself. Don't want either hell or heaven. No weakness in the outstanding poetry.
Coyote


Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow, this is an absolute feast of chilling and frenetic imagery...I read Dante many moons ago, and even though most of the specifics have slipped my mind, there are a lot of images here that put me in mind of that story. But this is totally different and unique...every line is like a whip on the reader's back, which I have no problem with when it comes to poetry...one thing about poetry, it isn't always pretty, nor should it be, at least that's how I've always looked at it haha Awesome work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Truly a dark dark piece! Very intense through every verse. Brilliantly done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Did not like this to be honest it made me feel uneasy. The images I get from it is just horrible. But it's written really well and you're a great writer. The feeling I got from this really means you're good for being able to describe such a horrific story in a poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So painted in black this poem is! I can see this horrendous scene all so clear and morbid in my head! You language and words pairs are fantastic! "Melanoid nightmares" A very good write. The only line that didn't entirely work in my head was "and she screams diabolically." I think this is only because the word diabolical makes me think of a goofy villain, which then detracts from serious disturbing quality of this work. A mere change of the word would fix this. Just a suggestion! Otherwise this was perfectly grusome!

Posted 9 Years Ago


So yeah... this is the first piece I have EVER added to my library. It's got that style I'm looking for and never knew someone could produce it -I was clearly wrong. Great job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Samantha ~virginpoet

9 Years Ago

Wow Thank you I feel honored now lol

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

677 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 27, 2014
Last Updated on April 28, 2014

Author

Samantha ~virginpoet
Samantha ~virginpoet

OH



About
HAD MY BABY BOY 12/29/2013 at 10:57 he weighs 8 pounds 4oz 19 in long I am married to a fellow poet on this site http://www.writerscafe.org/itz_JuggZ aka Stevo The Poe-t I cant sleep without kno.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..