War

War

A Poem by Sage
"

It is about my feelings about wars in general.

"
War

New leaves turn over, new flowers bloom
Birds sing happily every spring season
Man, on the other hand runs towards his doom
Warring for land and money, killing without reason

Looting, pillaging, encroaching after invading
With no concern or care for others
Impossible it has become to be kind and loving
To care for each other just like brothers


Plants and animals on the other hand
Live in harmony and peace
Not fighting for money and land
Just ask those monkeys and trees!

War is not good, war is not evil
Young men go for glory and for pride
Little do they know what it feels like to kill
By the time it ends, a lot of people would've died

Violence, hatred and rage everywhere 
Followed by fear, angst and pain
Slowly a kind gaze turns into a hard glare
As the soil is dyed red down to every grain

New leaves turn over, new flowers bloom
Lessons are learnt, as lives were cast
As the sun rises, over the war's tomb
With hope that people learn not to war at last.

© 2016 Sage


Author's Note

Sage
This is not very polished and I put it down as a raw aspect of my feelings towards war.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

War is one of the main problem of Humanity. it's not polished, so it makes sense (at least to me) that pieces about it won't be very polished either. I think a lot of people will agree with the feeling you write down here, no matter how raw they are. It's a very understandable and easy to grasp so well done for that.
The one thing that I have a problem with is with this: "Plants and animals on the other hand Live in harmony and peace" ... I disagree. On two things.
The first thing is that humans ARE animals. Though I admit that for most people, there's a difference. So let's say that disagreement is purely because i disagree with that common view.
The second thing is that it's incorrect. You can see "wars" going on everywhere in the nature be it "animal" vs :animal", plants vs plants or even "animal" vs plants. The only difference is that humans do t on a MASSIVE scale (unfortunately)

Posted 4 Years Ago


I love raw emotions......... So don't doubt the process lovey....

Posted 7 Years Ago


I remember not if I have read something of yours yet, Sage. I apologize if I have not; it is long overdue.

As for my thoughts.... Doodley practically took the words from my mouth and said them better than I could have. I'm very glad not everyone is too afraid to speak out about issues such as this one. Once in the mindset, it's very easy to forget just what war really is, and how it contrasts and destroys the beauty in life, as you showed in the first stanza.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I agree. Humans can be so horrible. Not all but sadly most are. I honestly never saw the reason for war. Why kill someone just because they have different views than yourself. People don't agree with the death sentence when it comes to people in jail like murderers but they are perfectly okay with killing numerous people in different nations. Very powerful. I really enjoyed it. Honestly speaking I have enjoyed all of your writings I have read so far.

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
An interesting piece.

The writer's views on war and its effects on man and the Earth.
As the most civilised, developed species on the planet you would expect us to know better, than to continually repeat our mistakes from the past, over and over again. As long as there are men and governments, and an "us versus them" mentality, then unfortunately war will always be inevitable.
A very thoughtful poem, Sage. A personal view of an existing problem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sage

7 Years Ago

Yes! Finally someone else who got the drift of the message! I'm happy you liked it :)
It's so true... human rarely stop to enjoy the beauty of the world anymore. We're too caught up in our little world of drama. This really brings a lot of issues to light for all of humanity. Well done :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Could not agree with the feeling of this poem more. It's so sad that people only see the effects of war when it ends and they turn and see the destruction they have left behind.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I enjoyed this. The only thing that stuck out to me-- and I understand what you were trying to convey-- is the fact that animals, too, fight over land and territory, including the monkeys. Still, I really did enjoy and feel very much the same way about war.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I think it's a good, decent write. The only thing I would change is the contraction "would've" to "would have" only because it throws off the flow a little bit. Otherwise, this is a good read.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like the coupling of nature and the seasons with the horror of war, death, soldiers, etc. I especially like the way the final stanza comes back to the same start point, just like the circle of nature. And I have to hope that indeed we are somehow learning, though far too often that feels not to be the case.

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

691 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2016
Last Updated on March 24, 2016
Tags: War, Violence, Blood, Death, New, rage

Author

Sage
Sage

About
I'm a college student, chose electronics, aspire for astronomy and love writing. Reading might be a nice feeling for people. Writing is probably the best thing mankind has stumbled upon. I write bec.. more..

Writing
Seasons Seasons

A Poem by Sage


The Fallen King The Fallen King

A Poem by Sage



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Fallen King The Fallen King

A Poem by Sage