Be Yourself & Help & Love Others

Be Yourself & Help & Love Others

A Poem by The StoryTeller
"

Just a little something I wrote using quotes and my own flow. Hope you like it, and hope you hear the message and follow it. :) It kind of goes with my social statement, and is kind of just poetry.

"
 Paradigms power perception and perceptions power emotions.
 Our emotions are what let us truly experience life.
 Freely we serve, because freely we love, as in our will, to love or not; in this we stand or fall.
 In this we are free.

 Freedom is not given, it's taken.
 A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed.
 And those with crucial powerful destinies have destinies that say:
 I belong to the warrior in whom the old ways have joined the new.

 People will forget what you said and what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
 Except the marks humans leave are too often scars.
 You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.
 So be yourself, because nothing ventured, nothing gained.

 If there's no venture, no vision, there's no legacy.
 Fear doesn't shut you down. It wakes you up. I've seen it. It's fascinating.
 And there will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.
 The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

 Smooth seas do not make good sailors.
 What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
 If God is your partner, make your plans big.
 We're all hurting. What we can't do is block each other out. We need each other.

 God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good.
 Faith is fear that has said it's prayers.
 If I perish, I perish.
 In tough times we are often paralyzed by fear of the unknown.

 But you - well, you're just a teenager right?
 No, you're not, you're so much more.
 To allow someone, anyone, to suffer is the greatest sin.
 So jump! The net will appear!

 You may be terrified of being yourself...
 You may be terrified of helping...
 But it probably would've been worth it.
 Don't come to the end of your life asking, "What if?"

 Do not imitate what is evil but what is good because it's not how hard you fall, it's how you get back up.
 Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible, and the greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
 Life isn't the amount of breaths you take, but the amount of moments that take your breath away. so not being heard is no reason for silence.
 Sometimes it laughs to love, but sometimes it hurts instead, and sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

 So be yourself and help and love others.

© 2015 The StoryTeller


Author's Note

The StoryTeller
This is part of my social statement, as well as just a poem. Tell me what you think in the comments. Yes, there are a lot of quotes, but at least 60% of it is me and my flow, not quotes, and I've never quite written like this before. (Although, I've seen my friends do it, like Jonah.) So this is new for me. Tell me honestly in the comments how you think I did and what you enjoyed and what you think I need to work on and all that jazz. Thank you for reading and for commenting if you're commenting. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poetic prose captured in quotes perfectly assembled to state what you feel inside. The message in this poem is straight forward: be yourself and be a positive part of the human race. Often we allow our poor attitudes to dominate the direction in which we respond to the world around us and so we become complacent and fail to recognize (or ignore altogether) the plights of those around us. We will be measured, in the end at least, by how we respond to our world and our troubles. I enjoyed this piece very much and will take some time to read more of your work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it, although, I have to say, not all my work is like this. But one of .. read more
Very good wisdom in your words.
" Sometimes it laughs to love, but sometimes it hurts instead, and sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same."
Nothing is easy. Anything worthwhile seem to be hard work. I like the ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Lol, that almost seemed to sound like Thomas Edison's quote: "Most people miss opportunity because i.. read more
I might just record this and put it on my ipod and play it on a loop throughout my day. This is very inspiring.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

That would be completely fine with me. :D I know exactly what you meant, this is something (even tho.. read more
yeaah that's the spirit, the enthusiasm of young generation! great work, Blade. today's culture promotes fame, glamour, drugs, and other exhausting lights. at least that's how I see it. and now you're here writing about a whole different thing: to find the value of life by sharing love, by living life to the fullest. this is a great effort to reveal the true meaning inside everyone. the idea to combine quotes with your own flow is unique. overall, the poem is good. a little advice, maybe you want to try to give more space to your true writing style so it strengthens the quotes and they can support each other in a more unique way.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! I figure that I really don't want to conform to the things society wa.. read more
This is my favorite from you, it really is beautiful, awesome, I can't tell in words how awesome this is !
Great poem Blade, It's an amazing poem, I love everything about it

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it. :D I made it using a variety of quotes (I love them, I have a notebook full o.. read more
Different is good!
This was a fun and inspiring read.
I loved it! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

No self doubt in it, just honesty, and if I think about it, that seems pretty much like what they'd .. read more
Ishita Dixit

9 Years Ago

Good to know! :)
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

............ :P :)
The flow was a little different, but I don't think it was bad. My favorite stanza (yes, I have to do a favorite stanza instead of a favorite line...it was just that good) is stanza three. It's so true...like, if somebody does just one tiny nice thing for me I'll live off of it for a week. But if somebody does one tiny mean thing to me...I live off of it for a year. I hope the little things that I try to do make a difference. This is a good reminder to keep at it though...even when things get dark. Nice write. =)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it, and yes, it is quite different from what I'm used to creating. And I'm glad y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2015
Last Updated on February 6, 2015

Author

The StoryTeller
The StoryTeller

The place of life and happiness., OH



About
I'm changing my name from The Resilient One to The Storyteller and trying to start fresh... believing in myself, believing in others, making this new personality I want to have... I guess I was alread.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The StoryTeller



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..