First blood.

First blood.

A Chapter by Ana Drake

I suppose I should start at the beginning...

Tell you some bits about my past.

Where I'm from, how it all started.

Just enough to let know who I am, before I let you hear my story.

  Though, we've all heard the story about the prisoner who escaped the attack at Helgan. Narrowly evading the headmans ax and the blazing flames of a terrible black dragon. Only to end up facing yet another. And  after a grand battle , she appears unscathed, and absorbs the very soul of the beast and realizes she's the Dragonborn.

  But I already knew, I've always known. I killed my first dragon two years prior to that day. At night when I was a young girl, my mother would tell me stories of dragons that ruled men for thousands of years. And even though they were destroyed in the end, they would return one day.

 Then once I was fifteen, my uncle took me out on an five day day walk to an old dragon burial site. There we watched as a dragon rose from its long burnt out ashes, meat and flesh molding back around bone. Fresh red scales shimmering beneath the setting sun.

 I watched with eye wide open as it spread its new wings and flew away, leaving a wave of crippling excitement in my blood. Later, once we'd safely set up camp in a nearby cave, he told me what I was. That I was the Dragonborn, a mortal born with the soul of a dragon. And that it was my destiny to use this gift to save the world.

The next day I hunted that dragon. Slayed him in the middle of a lush field, with an ax I could barely hold up right. Then basked is the brightness of his soul as it enveloped me, filling my very being with new life. The scar across my left eye reminds me each day, that this is my destiny. This is who I am born to be. So when they whispered Dragonborn, I was far from shocked, I was ready.

Here I will tell you of my story. The story of a simple farm girl thrown into a world of constant chaos and blood. Of a girl who run into the fire with a smile on her face and a hunger in her heart.

My name is Khali Ma, and I am the Dragonborn.


© 2013 Ana Drake


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
coming along smoothly...
the strong story line going to an epic journey...
great... keep it up my friend...
ps you seems to put the "day day"
other than that typo.. its a fine looking good story...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

Thankx, do you play Skyrim?
Pax

11 Years Ago

sadly no.. for i don't have any playstation or xbox.... but do hoping in the future if money permits.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
1 Review
Added on December 10, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2013
Tags: skyrim, violence, swords, dragons, death, murder, bandits, orcs, nords, dunmer, elves, magic, love, romance, fantasy, fanfic, blood, ghosts, destiny, war, sex


Author

Ana Drake
Ana Drake

Columbus, OH



About
Greetings my fellow writers. I would like to give thankx to my great friends here at Writerscafe. I am all too happy to be in such good company, you all give me the will to keep writing. Now, ab.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ana Drake