Little Flower, Little Girl

Little Flower, Little Girl

A Poem by Voice
"

This poem is inspired by and dedicated to Sandy Beaches aka Joanie.

"

 

*Little Flower, Little Girl*

*****************************************************************************

A gentle breeze hits my face as I watch the branches of a willow dipping into the stream. Yellow flowers fall from the bush behind me making almost nonexistent ripples as they glide down through the air to meet the water. As I watch them dance around in the current my mind drifts back to memories of moments long since passed.

************************************************************

I watched my grandfather as he cut the stem of one of his delicate roses. He smiled as he handed it to me. The beautiful pink petals tickled my nose as I inhaled its aroma. No one in the world could grow roses like he did.

*************************************************************

The tiny wild flowers sprouted from their orange pot. They sat warmed by the sun in the windowsill of my 2nd grade teacher’s room. I watered them every day and saw the other kid’s eyes light up with wonder as they crowded around the plastic pot to watch the sprouts slowly emerge from the dirt and reach up to touch the sky.

*************************************************************

My cousin and I ran through the grass; her gold hair shimmering in the sun as we picked dandelions. We rubbed them gently against our faces turning our cheeks yellow and making dandelion wishes. Big bouquets of the beautiful flowerlike weeds filled our hands.

********************************************************

A red fabric carnation fell from the hula skirt draped around my wicker cowboy hat as Veronica and I danced in my driveway. We carried a sign saying beep for peace laughing at all the people who passed by in their cars that couldn’t help but stare.

**********************************************************

He handed me a bouquet of lilacs accented with baby’s breath as he took my hand and asked me to dance. Leaving the flowers to sit alone at the table we headed out onto the floor. My head lay on his shoulder and his arm around my waist as the music began to play.

**********************************************************

I stood in my front yard looking up into the grey clouds as the rain poured down drenching me. Cleansing my sins and renewing the earth. A white lily floated down the flooded street being pulled by a sewer further down the road. Thunder rolled and lightning struck, but I continued to stand there and the lily continued to float. Finally proving to me that even in the storm of life there is beauty. Sometimes all you need to do is dance in the rain.

*****************************************************

 

This poem is inspired by and dedicated to Sandy Beaches. She told me to write a poem about a good memory that I had and she gave me the title to work from. She has helped me deal with the problems of my past and has helped me remember the good times and look forward to the future. She listens to me and makes me feel like I’m not alone and for that I must thank her. Sandy I look up to you greatly and you have truly become one of my heroes. If I become half the woman you are I will have truly been blessed…Voice

 

 

 

© 2010 Voice


Author's Note

Voice
This poem is inspired by and dedicated to Sandy Beaches. She told me to write a poem about a good memory that I had and she gave me the title to work from. She has helped me deal with the problems of my past and has helped me remember the good times and look forward to the future. She listens to me and makes me feel like Im not alone and for that I must thank her. Sandy I look up to you greatly and you have truly become one of my heroes. If I become half the woman you are I will have truly been blessedVoice

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OMG!!!!! I have no words........ You truly are my inspiration, you brave person.... I am speechless... you by far took this
challenge and made it your own... You keep believing!! you are not what have been done to you,, you are what you
want to be!!! thank you from the bottom of my heart!! for much more than you realize... as I told you before? You are my
daughter on here, or my inner child,,, which ever it may be!! you are loved, and cared for! alway keep striving,, this poem
held it's own,,, and you owned it!!! great job? great writng? and a very incredible heart!!! *smiles*

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The isnpiration must have been a blessing. It is truly a beautiful poem. I loved it. I am a picky reader and read lot's of inspirational things but this is truely one of the best. I love that I am related to you and that I will have you in my life. I want only the best for you and to see you continue the beautiful writings.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice piece of writing, I can tell it is coming from the heart.I really like how all the memories, though seperate, are intertwined with each memory of a flower.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm really really lost for words. To be given a title and and come up with a fantastically written piece such as this is outstanding talent. Do you REALLY know how good a writer you are Voice? I dont think you do. Well you are. This is my favourite piece on this site, i'm going to display it on my page. Theres no more I can say. If you were here i'd give u a standing ovation.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love the memories and the way I could feel how real and special this is to you. I love the last part, about the lily in the storm.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Sandy beaches will love this- poignant, ,very vivid snapshots of happy, innocent, carefree times- may you continue to heal from all the bad- for there is so much good in life still to experience.........and i can tell you are on the right path in dealing with the pain redemptively !

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a really amaazing write here, for the age you are you have a amazing gift to write, Sandy (Joanie) is a wonderful lady. she is very kind, i am sure she liked this very much, it's very beautiful as well as sincere. I can feel the memries come alive in this. wonderfully expressed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


sheer childhood bliss.memories of a joy thought to have been lost. exellent job. keep it up

Posted 15 Years Ago


Your story is beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


good memories of the past....aah!!! the only thing that keeps you going on...this is a very lovely write...full of hope, dreams, innocence, tender emotions and a lot more...liked the read... :)

:) Smiles,
Poetic Soul

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a wonderful look into fond memories of childhood... those simple carefree days can help when times become tough in adulthood... reminding us of the simple beauty in things like nature if e stop to enjoy it now and then...

Thunder rolled and lightning struck, but I continued to stand there and the lily continued to float. Finally proving to me that even in the storm of life there is beauty. Sometimes all you need to do is dance in the rain.

that last part was fantastic... ahh the rain can be so spiritually sound and can cleans us of troubled thoughts.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 23, 2009
Last Updated on May 20, 2010

Author

Voice
Voice

Wouldn'tyouliketoknowyoucreeperSTRANGERDANGER, MI



About
more..

Writing
Numb Numb

A Poem by Voice


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Voice


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Voice



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Loving You Loving You

A Poem by Flow~