Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

A Story by Voice
"

I put this under poem because it is shorter than a story and if i was to put it down as a story i know most people would not take the time to read it.

"

Shadow of Death

             Glass and fragments of metal covers the road. Flames leap from the melted remnants of cars and nip at my ankles. The police have yet to arrive. It is a scene of death and utter chaos. The screams and sobs of those who have survived fill the air, but I can hear only the dreaded silence. I feel nothing, not the smoke choking my lungs nor searing pain from the sea of fire I tread. Running past me in the slowest of motions, the living search for the lost. They wear their confusion as clearly as you and I would wear our clothes. But the dead? The dead are calm. They hold the answers to why, but are unable to share.

If you had a sixth sense to view the afterlife, you would see the angels of death collecting the souls who have chosen to move on. Black figures twist and swirl in orange of the setting sky, laughing at the mayhem they have created. Wickedness walks amongst us causing the simplest of tragedies, from missing the last step as you descend a staircase or the car bomb no one ever saw coming. It is only now that I understand why some are chosen to live and others must die. It is only now that I can witness the light.  “Ye, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For thou art with me…”

© 2010 Voice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it ....the picture also.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. Simple yet remarkable piece. The feeling of eeriness and death haunt these words, but there is calmness and silence in a way like that of a deaf witness murmuring a prayer to himself. At least that's how i see it. It felt like i was there. Awesome imagery. I love this :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


A dark image of death and yet the dead are calm...we must all die...

Posted 13 Years Ago


i liked it very much.....very eerie :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

575 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010

Author

Voice
Voice

Wouldn'tyouliketoknowyoucreeperSTRANGERDANGER, MI



About
more..

Writing
Numb Numb

A Poem by Voice


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Voice


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Voice



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Interitus Interitus

A Story by Treo LeGigeo