Mother Earth

Mother Earth

A Poem by Voice Crowe

She's a beautiful disaster from the outside looking in.

She's clothed with the sea, the clouds and evergreen, yet she's aching deep within.

She's the mother of life; a giver, a healer and a wonder to inspire.

The children take and take, 'tis never enough, bleeding her dry, they set her afire.

Her anger ignites from her inner burning core, the dusty floors rumble as her soul weeps.

Her sorrow, a storm, they begin to fear; run away, run away, like a mob of sheep.

She's been suffocating, her blood draining, and withering away giving all that she can.

She fights to survive until the end of her time, for she is their world...they are called, "man".

© 2017 Voice Crowe


Author's Note

Voice Crowe
A poem I wrote for my creative writing class.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely write!- The Earth will through us off one day- will just say- " Nope you have had your chance- and you have messed with my wardrobe for waaay to long"
We are the only species that think it's alright to kick the crap out of our own home- it's a little bit odd!
When I come in from work, I don't think " Ah, what this place needs is a bit of destruction"- and then go about shaking several shades of s**t from the living room- I genuinely can't get my head around it!
Good write, indeed!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This was a good read. Any defense of Mother Earth is worth reading and you've done a nice job. I particularly enjoyed the line 'She's clothed with the sea, the clouds and evergreen, yet she's aching deep within.'

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Voice Crowe

6 Years Ago

Thank you :)
I really enjoyed reading this piece. Mother Earth is a very beautiful force that we, sadly, do take for granted. This made me appreciate Her more.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Voice Crowe

6 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 11, 2017
Last Updated on December 11, 2017
Tags: poetry, mother earth, destruction

Author

Voice Crowe
Voice Crowe

Morenci, AZ



About
I wrote my first story at the age of six which awarded me entrance into a young readers and writers convention, although the story has long been lost. Books have always been my escape from reality, es.. more..

Writing
Insane Insane

A Poem by Voice Crowe


Memories Memories

A Poem by Voice Crowe