The I-made-a-huge-regretable-mistake diaries and advice on how not to be like me

The I-made-a-huge-regretable-mistake diaries and advice on how not to be like me

A Story by Vonnie15
"

Entry #2 When you know you don't know how to fix a printer and you have this feeling that things are going to get worse, JUST LEAVE IT ALONE

"

So, you know "Mr Bean's Big Disaster movie"? The one where he messes up a priceless painting and the more he tries to fix it, the worse it gets? Well, if anyone were to make a movie based on my life, they would have to call it "Yvonne's BIG Disaster movie". You know, I think God often tries to warn me when I am about to do something stupid, by giving me the distinct feeling that I am very definitely going to make things worse.

Now, here's what happened. Yesterday, Kamo found some profound literature on the internet and decided that she could not live a moment longer without printing it out. So she did. Unfortuanatly she did not realise that it was 150 pages long. At this point, luck stepped in and the printer ran out of paper. She called me, and together we then tried to cancel the printing instructions. But this being Germany and all, everything on the computer here at the office is in German...and we don't understand German. Oh well, we pushed some buttons and believed that the problem was solved. (Please note: THIS is mistake number one)

Today I decided to print something. Hoping that someone else had already replaced the paper in the printer, I walked towards the computer. But, obviously, no one else felt the need to do that. I replaced the paper and pressed "PRINT". Next thing I know, Kamo's great words of wisdom are pouring out of the printer. Page 33...page 44...page 50...it's a really fast printer. Now, let me point out again the fact that everything is  STILL in German and therefore, finding the cancel button is STILL a problem. Eventually I figure that wripping the printer cable out is the only solution. AND IT STOPPED.

Seeing as this story involves me though, and weird things always happen to me, you know this cannot be where the story ends, right? One of Kamo's stupid papers gets stuck half way through printing some deep proverbs. I try to pull it out, but a piece of it gets stuck. I poke at it for a while with a pen, hoping that it magically pops out. BUT...it doesn't. SO (now here comes the best part) I see a toothpick lying on the floor. As if in slow-motion, I see myself bending down to pick it up. Now the voice in my head is screaming: "That is foolish!!!!!!! You know where this is leading! STUPID!" I don't listen. As usual. I start poking around with the toothpick. It starts to bend and break, just a little. I poke around some more. Next thing I know, I'm staring at an unreachable piece of toothpick, lying inside the printer. Evidence of me messing up the printer. Evidence of me trying to hide what I did. Evidence.

© 2009 Vonnie15


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This turned out to be a pretty amusing read.
I found your sense of humor while describing the disaster, to be a delightful treat.

At the very end, you should have your character glance at the last page that fell from the printer. Have her eyes rest on a single sentence or word that sort of sums up the entire situation. This could be funny!

Great work - as usual : ]

Lady

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

idk ill have to think bout it

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

haha, what a great story. Felt more like listening than reading - if that makes sense.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This turned out to be a pretty amusing read.
I found your sense of humor while describing the disaster, to be a delightful treat.

At the very end, you should have your character glance at the last page that fell from the printer. Have her eyes rest on a single sentence or word that sort of sums up the entire situation. This could be funny!

Great work - as usual : ]

Lady

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

loved reading this. you've developed a character who just so happens to be yourself, that is relatable and enjoyable for anyone to pick up and read about. i could see you going far with this "character." great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like how you told your story with the details of how you were feeling.

And not to worry, we all make mistakes.
I break almost everything I touch :]

Nice write :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i loved this! your casual style of writing is so captivating. you take a tiny action and turn it into entertainment! very cool to read!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2009
Last Updated on July 1, 2009

Author

Vonnie15
Vonnie15

South Africa



About
01:26... darkness surrounds me...the sound of my room mate's invasive snoring and the sound of my keyboard my only company. That's what I do. I love to write. I need to write. It keeps me sane, I thin.. more..

Writing
In In

A Story by Vonnie15