�And they lived happily ever after�well, after a few extra twists and turns.

�And they lived happily ever after�well, after a few extra twists and turns.

A Story by Vonnie15
"

A remix of a typical fairytale. I really like it and find it funny so I hope you will like it too.

"

Once upon a time, in a far, far away kingdom there was a girl named Milla. She had two evil stepsisters: evil Stepsister #7 and evil Stepsister #2. They were really mean to her and made her clean the floors and even went to a masked ball without her. Luckily, Milla’s Fairy godmother came down from Fairytopia and made Milla look pretty, before whisking her off to the ball in an unnaturally large vegetable with wheels.

To cut a long, familiar story short… The Prince met Milla, they danced, they kissed, they stared into each other’s eyes, they forgot to swop cellphone numbers or Facebook details. Milla knew that she had to leave the ball by midnight, so after an awkward excuse, Milla ran off and lost her sneaker along the way.  The Prince, being a strong believer in Fate, decided to find the owner of the sneaker and marry her. He truly believed that the sneaker would only fit his one true love.

 

It was the morning following the masked ball and the Prince was staring at the sneaker which had been left behind by his mystery woman. “Oh, why, my darling, why? “ the Prince cried in anguish. He was a very soppy young man. Romantic and sensitive and very much… in touch with his feminine side.

The sneaker he held was incredibly large. In fact, he had never seen such a large women’s sneaker before. But it did not make him love his lady any less. Big feet added character. Because of the size of the sneaker, the Prince was convinced that it would be too big for anyone besides his One true love. Therefore, it was simple: he had to go to every house in his small kingdom and ask all the women to try on the sneaker. Within no time he would find her and they would live happily ever after.

 

So, the great search started. Foot after foot was fitted, the women all hysterically trying to convince the Prince that the sneaker really was their’s. Finally, the Prince arrived at Milla’s home (unbeknown to him, ofcourse) and found two big, unattractive, hairy evil stepsisters waiting for him. (By the way: Milla had been locked up in her room, because her stepsisters had figured out that she was the One.) As it turned out, Stepsister #2 managed to fit into the sneaker. She too had unnaturally large feet. (P.S-à this is probably because this SISTER had once upon a time been a BROTHER…if you catch my drift.)

Obviously, the Prince realised that Stepsister #2 wasn’t the woman he had met the previous night, but his unfailing belief in Fate convinced him that everything happened for a reason and that he and Stepsister #2 were predestined to be together.

 

After this, the Prince and Stepsister #2 immediately headed off to the palace, Stepsister #2 constantly staring at the very new, very large engagement ring on her finger. At the palace, the Prince tried incessantly to make the relationship work with his fiance. He wrote soppy poetry and love songs and filled the days with rose petals and candles.Alas, this was wasted on the very unromantic Stepsister #2.

 

Back at home, Milla was crying over her loss and spent every free minute pouring out her heart in poetry for the Prince, even though she knew he would never read it.  Naturally, this was the perfect time for the Fairy godmother to step in again. That night, while Milla was sleeping, the Fairy godmother took one of the soppy poems and tied it to the sneaker (the one that she hadn’t lost at the ball). This was quietly dropped off next to the Prince’s pillow along with Milla’s cell phone number and Facebook details. Right after this, the Fairy godmother woke Stepsister #2 up and went to work on convincing her to follow her dreams of being a hairdresser in the big Kingdom far, far away.

 

The next morning, the Prince woke to find the huge sneaker and peom from his true darling, as well as a note from Stepsister #2 explaining how she had always longed to style people’s hair.

 

And so, the Prince immediately invited Milla on Facebook and Mxit. A few weeks later, the soppy, sensitive Prince married his big-footed, romantic Milla…and they lived happily ever after.

 

© 2009 Vonnie15


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've done a great job in "updating" this classic tale for modern times. You've got a wonderful sense of humour and I enjoyed this a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was very nice,Chuckled and even laughed i love hummer.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Just LOVE the wonderful turns your story takes! The sneaker, the brother/sister, and all the modern twists made this so much fun to read!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 17, 2009

Author

Vonnie15
Vonnie15

South Africa



About
01:26... darkness surrounds me...the sound of my room mate's invasive snoring and the sound of my keyboard my only company. That's what I do. I love to write. I need to write. It keeps me sane, I thin.. more..

Writing
In In

A Story by Vonnie15



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..