From Pained to Free

From Pained to Free

A Poem by Victoria Papan
"

You beat me down and made weak, in the process you ended up making me stronger.

"

I was broken, gasping for a breath,
drowning in a sea of pain.
With no where to go but down.

Yet you sit there, just watching,
waiting for the snap.
You want me to fail,
but I won't.
You put me through hell, 
it made me stronger.
Stronger then you'll ever be,
hiding behind those lies.

I can see the envy growing
as I adapt and flourish 
Your plan backfired,
I no longer need you.
The dependency is what kept you going,
thriving,
you can not keep up the façade with out it.

I'm breaking through your boundaries,
destroying the old safety nets that confined me so.
The raging sea has become a cool dormant pool.
I'm free, free of all the guilt and sorrow.

With this freedom I can finally let go,
sink into the relief and enjoy the bliss of another 'morrow.

© 2011 Victoria Papan


Author's Note

Victoria Papan
I'm at a crossroads right now, I have my good days and my really bad days.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We are only human, your triumphs will by far outweigh your falters. When people set you up to fail and then you don't, they tend to curse YOU.... Stay strong and do not be surprised if you are called things like cold, or b****, for succeeding. Stay strong and keep going, you are on the right (write) path =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Crossroads are a part of life and it doesn't matter which path we decided to walk down it matters how we live on that path. This is a great poem of escaping that comfort that was crushing us and keeping us from living. This poem is beautiful and freeing but it has a slight hint of sadness to it. You have woven a great piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great poem. the flow is awesome and the emotion and determination shines through, great job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


"Your plan backfired,
I no longer need you."

It took me a long time to finally realize that I will never die (metaphorically). This was an exciting read.

"With this freedom I can finally let go,
sink into the relief and enjoy the bliss of another 'morrow."

Beautiful.

>Rïén Kelso

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very nice. The pain is topical...it lights on the skin of those who read it, and yet, you offer a sense of promise...a new beginning. Very powerful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful expression of your journey. Really enjoyed it :) Well written again!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good message about moving on!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this poem. I like the feel of strength and strong will. Freedom is under-rated. Freedom from bad people or situation allow us to appreciate the word free. I like the very good ending to a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


this reminded me of a rap, like its fast paced and the emotion changes from depressed to strong, to over confident to depressed again lol. great write tor tor, im glad you found comfort in this outlet. :) looks like im not the only poet in the family!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..