The Death Note by the Counter

The Death Note by the Counter

A Story by Ian Faraway
"

This is not my letter, this is just for people feeling like this, and for those who notice it.

"

Dear Mom and Dad

                I’m writing this note to say a last goodbye. I’m not running away, in fact I’m not going that far. You’ll see me in a few days wrapped up in a body bag. Truth be told, I don’t think you’ll even notice what I’m doing. You didn’t know when things went wrong. You guys were always yelling at each other over this and that and I was stuck in the middle of it. It wasn’t always like this, was it? We use to be a family. I wonder if people forget the term. A family meaning everyone in the household leans on each other for support. It’s not that hard is it? It’s simple. But instead of leaning on each other for support, you two are making each other fall flat. Do you know that it’s killing me inside to see a once happy family….MY family, be torn.

                And while you two are just at each other’s throats. You didn’t notice that the move to this new neighborhood didn’t help me any. In the old neighborhood, I had friends to call and hang out with. But now, it’s not the same. You two drinking constantly and must have missed the group of kids picking on me. Taking my lunch money every day in school and then shoving me into lockers. No friends because of them.

                I use to be such a good student. Teacher’s pet and hit the ground running with grades. But now I sit in the corner of the classroom just drawing. It’s all I can do to just get away from reality. But even now it’s not enough.  I found a temporary solution to the problem. And you can find the blood stains around the house and if you look closely, it’s on the knives as well. I was a loner in a foreign land with no back up. No support from the people I use to love to come home to. But then you two started fighting and drinking and I had nowhere to go. I didn’t want to face school, I didn’t want to go home to face a beating for no reason, and there was no one to call for help.  My world so perfect was shattered in billions of pieces. And it started with you two.

                But now it will end with you two and everyone else. I’m sick of it and I’m getting my escape. So with this letter of farewell and last words, I jump off this building knowing that my pain will be gone. And I’m leaving you two to suffer with all my burdens.

 

I know you won’t miss me but I will miss the old days,

Your son

© 2010 Ian Faraway


Author's Note

Ian Faraway
If you notice that someone you know is struggling in life, help them. If you can't, find a guidance counselor or call somebody. Don't do nothing. And for those who feel like this, don't do it. There are people around that will help you when you need them. For me it was my worst enemy that became my friend. So don't give up hope. Talk to someone and don't go down this road. A life is precious no matter what.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Perfect.This was a wonderful story and spoke so many things for those who are parents and for those who children. I've this in many show and books. For the parents if their happy with another and their going to take it out on their child they should just split as I remember a grey's anatomy episode when a child hurt himself to get his parents to do anything he wanted and that was to split up because of the arguments and because of that he almost died. As for the children and people like us you are right. We shouldn't give because life could be worse and what we go through all we need to do is find a friend or just someone to talk to even if its someone on here because really anyone who feels so hurt and alone in the world all they really need is listening ear like this book I read tears of the tiger. the boy was dark place and called his therapist but, the receptionist sent him away and then he called his girlfriend but, her mother said no way and all alone in that house he decided he would end his life but, that all could have changed if had talked to someone. this story reminded me so much of my poem the blame game and watching and you did a wonderful job with this story all and all as a meaningful thing. Well done and keep up these absolutely amazing writings no matter what they are for or about.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very emotional indeed... Sometimes I feel this way,
but I usually write it down... Very good message to spread those... Especialy those of youth.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great job
this is sad but with a good message. I love this it shows how life and death can make you stop what their doing and come help u. Thanks for sharing great job once again.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so sad I know people who was happy on the outside and inside they where in hell and never show it even if anyone know's a person that seem sad or depress more then anyone else please help them no matter how old they are. Life is way to precious and never give up there is always someone who do care.
thank you for sharing this it opens people's eyes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww, this is sad (before I read the note at the top, I thought this was true)
You're definitely right. If you know anyone like this, you can't just let them go through with it. You have to help them.
Life is definitely too precious.
I like this, though. (even though it's sad)
Great job(:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2010
Last Updated on August 5, 2010

Author

Ian Faraway
Ian Faraway

Somewhere, NH



About
Ian Faraway is simply a pen name and is not my actual name. Here are a few things to note: 1. If you need me to read anything you've written, please feel free to PM me. Also, let me know if you.. more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by Ian Faraway