Writers Block

Writers Block

A Poem by Ian Faraway
"

A little poem about something I've been going through, and I know you have too. It sucks cause you want to continue writing.

"
I've heard people talk about it before
But I never realized it'd come knocking at my door
You see, I was at my all time high
Writing nonstop from midnight to dinner around five
My flow was that of a river
Working to become just a little bit better
My ideas were endless
Until I got hit with the Writer's Illness
Everything was fine until it hit me like a rock
And all I thought was,"S**t, I have writer's block."

© 2010 Ian Faraway


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Umm just put a space between , and "S**t and its perfect. Your writing was short simple and amusing. It hits us just like that and their is no same and one way for a writer to cure such an illness for its been going out since the beginning for I'm sure even Shakespeare had his day and Maya Angelo still has hers. this was a marvelous poem and great idea relating to many readers specifically on this website as fello writers. You did a wonderful for when I started reading the rhymes you were portraying I had no clue where you were going but, when I hit the end I couldn't help but, smile. Nicely done and keep up the spectacular writing and ideas and maybe you'll be the one cure the block.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ahhh, I hate it when that happens. Actually it's happening to me right now- I don't know what to write! No idea! And when you don't write, you don't get reviews. So. I don't know what to do. I wish there was a cure for writer's block. I've got to quit rambling when I'm supposed to be reviewing you. Okay so. Great idea, great flow, very relatable for all writer's.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This put a smile on my face lol, simply as I understand it all to well. Writers block an illness, never thought of it that way and can see how it would seem an illness. Though you have to think, after a nice long block your work always seems fresh and invigorating :D. As the mind needs rest, so does the writer whom presses the pen and key of creativity. Yet again, I enjoyed this piece from you. That last line, how many times have the rest of you said or thought the same damned thing :D?

Posted 13 Years Ago


pretty good

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the rhyming, very creative and very good and humorous.

Posted 13 Years Ago


its good,,,,
maybe you'll do some rhymes my friend dakota,,,

but all in all,,, great...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good, Dakota(:
I definitely know how ya feel. Writer's block sucks :/
But anywayss, great job (: Can't wait to read more from you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol Love that last line! Nicely said.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

298 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2010
Last Updated on September 3, 2010

Author

Ian Faraway
Ian Faraway

Somewhere, NH



About
Ian Faraway is simply a pen name and is not my actual name. Here are a few things to note: 1. If you need me to read anything you've written, please feel free to PM me. Also, let me know if you.. more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by Ian Faraway



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..