Turning On Yellow

Turning On Yellow

A Poem by The Twin Arenas
"

the fewtch

"
Take two
watching cars,
old broke love

© 2016 The Twin Arenas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

we either hesitate with love, or accelerate towards it...i love the Yellow light idea...the caution light...

but do we feel more red because of past loves that didn't work out, or do we feel free to speed towards it.

nicely done ..."less is more"

and you master it here.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your interesting conversation led me back to your page. While your mind is beautiful, your poetry is perplexing to this straight and narrow rather non-metaphorical writer. For me, this is about the thoughts one has as he or she turns on the yellow light. See. Way too literal, I am. But I do much appreciate your smart banter. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


The Twin Arenas

7 Years Ago

Nah, you're right on the nose. Turning on the yellow is what this is all about.
After a breakup all that's left to do is watch cars.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This reminds me of some contemporary art that focuses on short words to build a portrait of people. Simple and sweet but open to a great amount of interpretation all the while leading the reader on a specific visual journey.

These sort of free verse poems are rather hard, but I think that this one has the perfect touch.
Wonderful job!

cheers
-h

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Cor
Short and sweet but far from simple. This let my mind wander further then most and it took turns that I did not see coming.

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
I love short poems, so much space left to imagine. This evokes a lot of different images and thoughts in me, like a very short video clip or a vivid memory. Nicely done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love how such a short and concise poem can take you to so many places as you contemplate it. This is one for the imagination. Wonderful!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Proceed with caution.
Good little Poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The brevity of this speaks so loudly...Jacob is right...less is more :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thank you for the read request. As I've said before, I know little about poetry and can offer minimal assistance by reviewing. For me this poem is very enigmatic. Perhaps that's the point. It gives rise to a lot of pondering.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Second chances, stop and go, black and white, sepia photos.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1463 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2016
Last Updated on June 2, 2016

Author

The Twin Arenas
The Twin Arenas

Edmonton, Canada



About
Lost in the twin arenas. error 003 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..