Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Bruden

Bruden

A Story by Ayza Soza
"

a short piece, attempting an Orwellian-esque feel to it. may be extended into a longer piece.

"

BRUDEN

AYZA SOZA

 

 

The city had quieted down for the night after a busy day of commotion and activities. Bruden was ready to make his next strike. High above the streets of Griswhin was a large unkempt flat on the top floor of a crumbling building. From it, Bruden watched from his dirty window for signs of the city’s militia, making their nightly rounds along the streets. The curfew was in effect; anyone caught on the streets without proper documents would be hauled off to the correctional facility.

            The dark shadow of the jagged window glass cloaked more than half of Bruden’s body. He looked out at the large structure centered in the middle of the city. The clock tower showed that it was midnight; Bruden’s witching hour. As the clock rang with a ferocious gong, he made his way towards the other side of his flat where he kept his dark clothing and supplies which would be added to his already black ensemble; a long, trench coat, gloves, a mask which covered his black hair. Openings at his eyes and mouth exposed his grey eyes and lips.

Around his waist he strapped on a holster with a black and silver .45 caliber pistol and a 10” hunting knife. On his shoulder was a small handheld walkie-talkie. An ear piece attached from the handheld was placed under the hat into his right ear. Checking himself in a full sized mirror, Bruden was ready to create some chaos.

Quietly he snuck back towards his original starting point at the window. He looked out, catching a quick glance of the enemy’s position. What he witnessed on his visible street below were four tall, dark figures, heavily armed. They were, in fact the very militia he’d searched for earlier. 

Bruden crept gently onto the ledge of his window. The city’s nightly smog surrounded the streets and buildings. Visibility was low, but that wouldn’t stop the evening’s plans. Avoiding the fire exit which was guaranteed to make an attention grabbing noise, Bruden swung himself onto an attached ladder, next to his window that led him to the roof. He scaled the ladder slowly and carefully, trying not to make his presence known.

He reached the summit without being noticed. Laying low behind the concrete siding, he pulled a small signal light from his jacket pocket. Bruden walked in a crouch to the middle of the cement barrier. He looked from behind the wall at the other seven surrounding buildings. He took his pen light and flashed it three times at the building directly across from him. Three responding flashes came back seconds later before moving on to the next building.

It went from building to building revealing the members presence. Switching on his walkie-talkie to channel three, he pressed the button and spoke with a soft voice, “Everybody meet at Mahtog Park in five minutes. The mission is a go.” The radio cut out after he lifted his finger.

 

© 2008 Ayza Soza


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

mature for your age and a good writer. I like the plot and the ending. good write

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
1 Review
Added on October 20, 2008
Last Updated on October 20, 2008

Author

Ayza Soza
Ayza Soza

Wall Twp, NJ



About
My name is Anthony. I'm 19 years old and am currently a sophomore at High Point University. Let me get this out of the way, I'm horrible with poems; both writing and reviewing. If anyone who writes .. more..

Writing
Part I Part I

A Chapter by Ayza Soza