Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Walker Andreasen

Chapter 3

 

            Run! Someone yelled. His eyes snapped open. So Evan ran. He heard inhuman footsteps thundering behind him, chasing him and as he looked behind him and saw a beast much larger than any other he’d seen before. Its eyes wide and red almost seem to be glowing, piercing the semi-darkness around him. Its jaw much like that of a dog’s with teeth much larger and much wilder set in the bone. It stood erect on two legs that Evan could see were ripped with muscles.

            The beast was covered in fur and its hands were large with fingers so long. The nails protruded several inches from the end of each finger, black as the night. As it ran the beast was fairly hunched over, almost running on all fours, but its head stayed upright, not bowing. It let loose a roar that shook the ground. Evan ran faster than he ever had before, but it didn’t seem fast enough; the beast only ran faster itself.

            Evan’s heart was racing as were his feet. He looked about and noticed a building which he turned sharply and sprinted for. The creature was slower to turn but turned none the less and headed for the building as well. Evan raced through the door then turned around and locked it. He faced back into the building. There was only a faint glow from one, almost burnt-out fluorescent light in the ceiling. He noticed there was only one opening in the wall that lay in front of him.  

He rushed through it and followed the narrow corridor until he came to a three way split and the realized he was in a maze. He didn’t know how large of one, but that didn't matter. All he needed to do was find a way out. From behind him he heard a rumble like something crashed through the wall into the building. The beast let loose another earth shattering roar and in a deep, throaty voice bellowed, “I swear I will find you!”

            Evan faced back into the maze and made the decision to go left, but his feet went right. He heard behind him the pounding of feet behind him and he could now smell the stench that the beast carried. Evan made another right and came to a dead end. He turned around and found a different passage and took it. The beast still followed and seemed to know exactly where he was going.

            Evan took the next left again, his heart still racing furiously, along with his feet. He came to a wall with the choice to either turn left or right. He looked behind him to see if he could see the beast. It seemed as though he could faintly see the glow of its eyes through the maze walls, its eyes looking directly in his; looking into his soul.

            Evan took the right which put him in another right which put him at a wall. He went back to the fork and went down the left passage. As he looked from where he had made his first decision he saw the creature turning around the corner. Evan froze in fear. He wanted so desperately for his feet to move but they wouldn’t. The beast turned and saw Evan, its glare of deep red staring at him. Its mouth curled at a corner and the beast let out a low growl as he bared all of his teeth. Drool streamed from between his teeth until the weight made it fall and plop on the floor.

            The beast took a step, and then another and finally Evan was able to move his feet again. As he ran he heard the low growl turn into another roar and the footsteps of the beast quicken with thunder. Evan looked behind him and saw the beast go around the corner that Evan just raced past and now the beast was directly behind him, only a few yards back.

            “YOU PROMISED!” the beast roared.



© 2015 Walker Andreasen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The chapter went off in a different direction. I like the strong description of the chase then the beast yelling. “YOU PROMISED!”
A very interesting chapter. Open the door to a lot of unknown and mystery. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 7, 2015


Author

Walker Andreasen
Walker Andreasen

Grafenwoehr, Bayern, Germany



About
If you're going to stop by, please at least leave a review before you go! My name is Walker Andreasen and writing is my passion. I write everything from stories to songs. The only thing I haven't wri.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Walker Andreasen


2 2

A Chapter by Walker Andreasen


3 3

A Chapter by Walker Andreasen