Assassin's Creed (Based on the Original Game by Ubisoft(TM))

Assassin's Creed (Based on the Original Game by Ubisoft(TM))

A Story by Wamakai
"

I thought I'd give this a try... Some of the characters in this story are from the mobile game and the rest are from my imagination. Written but not owned by myself.

"
The still night was rather peaceful. The moon illuminated part of the dark streets, leaving the rest to their mysteries. A rat scurried through the alley scavenging through the refuse for food.
A dark hooded shadow passed through alleyways and streets as silently as a cat might.
It was his job not to be seen or heard. It was what he was trained to do.
He reached a small house and rapped twice on the door. Looking around to see that all was clear, he ducked into the house when the door opened.
"You have returned. The master has been expecting you. Is the mission complete?" asked the old man who owned the house.
In response, he smiled and nodded.
"Come and rest. You will be needed again tomorrow."
Wordlessly, he followed the old man to a bedchamber where he disrobed and lay down. It would be light soon and his master would call him for his next mission.
He put his hand under his head and stared at the ceiling. He thought back to his days of glory. He had no choice but to sit back and helplessly watch his life go down. His career, his friends, his family... He had nobody left saving for the master. But now was a time for action. His mouth curved into a devilish smile. Now was the time for revenge.

*   *   *   *   *

Altair made his way through the streets of Masyaf. The master would be waiting for him no doubt. Since he had been thrown out of the Brotherhood's stronghold thanks to Malik, the master had been his only hope of ever regaining his status. Since then, he had been on the hunt for the first of nine men that the master wanted eliminated.
He was curious as to why those specific ones were needed, but he did not ask questions. It was not his place or his job to ask. He rapped twice on the door of the master's abode ad a servant let him in.
He was led to a room at the back of the house where he found the master looking out the window at the streets of Masyaf.
"I have received word that your mission was successful. What did you discover then?" asked the master without turning.
"Tamir, the black market merchant is in Damascus. I have a lead on where he might be."
"Very good," said the master finally turning, "You have your orders. You know what to do."
As Altair turned to leave, the master turned to his servant with a smile and said, "you have your orders as well, go, and do not fail me."
The servant left his master pressing his fingers together in deep thought. Soon, it would be over. Altair would succeed in his mission as he had in so many others, and bring them both salvation...

*   *   *   *   *

The lead had said that Tamir was one of the dealers in the black market. He should not be hard to find considering he ran the black market. Altair walked the streets, blending in well with the other hooded figures around. Probably people of high ranking seeking a quick remedy or cheap ornaments for their lovers. Altair gave little thought to them and moved forward.
In a matter of minutes, he found Tamir. He was scolding a man. Probably one who had disobeyed him or failed to make a payment. By the dark look in his eyes, Altair could tell from where he stood, that Tamir was clearly not a man to be played around with.
A morbid smile crossed his lips and his hand went to the knives at his waist. He wouldn't be toying with the black market merchant at all. The guards might obviously pose a problem, but he would take care of them easily. Nothing would stop him from gaining back his status.
The poor man fell victim to Tamir's dagger in seconds. Altair watched on unmoved. It was not the first time he had seen this happen, especially not to a black market dealer.
When his target was close enough, Altair took out the guards and faced Tamir.
"Ah, so you are he that I was warned about," he said with a smirk. Altair said nothing and made as if to slash him, but Tamir moved back and countered his attack sending Altair backwards.
"I thought perhaps you would be more of a challenge than this," he taunted, "For such a man as yourself, I expected more..." he said lunging at Altair. He dodged the strike and managed to cut Tamir's weapon arm. The dagger fell and Altair held his sword to Tamir's throat.
"My death will come at a higher cost than you think," he said with a smile, "I will see you in hell assassin!"
Altair, seeing that he wold get no more answers, decided to slit his throat there and then. Whatever he meant didn't matter. He could take on anyone who dared to stand in his path. It was time to give the master the news. Eight targets more. He wiped his blade clean on Tamir's clothes and ran into the crowds to avoid beign caught by the rest of Tamir's guards.

*   *   *   *   *

© 2010 Wamakai


Author's Note

Wamakai
This is a little bit of the story. Let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice piece, I think that was great, I think more time would have be spent describing the set and also the mood. Generally I enjoyed every bit

Posted 7 Years Ago


Having played a couple of the A.C games I could visualise your character perfectly. it flowed nicely, wasn't too complicated and was easy to follow. it wasn't too weighty with description but still managed to set the scene. Remember as the writer you are not only the eyes and thoughts of the protagonist, but also all of his senses. smell and touch as well. it can add more depth when other sensory techniques are added.
Nice one, keep writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 18, 2010
Last Updated on October 6, 2010
Tags: Action, Romance, Thriller

Author

Wamakai
Wamakai

Nairobi, Kenya



About
I'm a Kenyan. I love books. They have been my favourite childhood companions since my father helped me discover them. I am a slight introvert, but very friendly. I don't do exclusive writing. I'll tr.. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Wamakai


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Wamakai


Love Love

A Poem by Wamakai