My frostbite love

My frostbite love

A Poem by No one
"

A chance encounter

"

I saw her just the other day. I was lost in her city. She looked exhausted and confused, but she still looked so damn pretty. I said, "I'm doing mighty fine."

    She said, "I can still tell when you're lying. And I  know you're lying. Even after all this time..."

    I said, "It's strange so many years haven't changed your face. Tragedies have come and gone without leaving a trace."

She said, "It takes a lot longer now to put on my makeup. And last night I told myself, I never want to wake up. But last night seems so long ago. Let's just hold hands here in the snow. And no one will ever need to know. No place has ever felt more like home. I don't care if the whole world explodes. Let's just hold hands here in the snow..."

© 2008 No one


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the mystery you plopped the reader into, like this is a scene in the middle of a story...a little teaser leaving the reader wanting more. I find myself wanting to know how the people got here, where were they before, what had they meant to each other, and where are they going now. Very effective, evocative little tease that's begging to tell its secrets.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There's a nice rhyme and rhythm in this poem, it'd make a nice song. I liked the way it started 'I saw her just the other day. I was lost in her city' - not sure about the repetition of needing to hold hands in the snow (is she that exhausted?). It's short, lyrical and as deep as you want to make it.

Thanks for sharing

Samith

Posted 12 Years Ago


So much said here, with so few words. Much like two people who have shared history and a common bond.

Whenever the heart feels home, that is where love resides.

This touched me. Probably, because I see myself in this piece.

Brava!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Sometimes I wish holding hands were as easy as just saying "hey, let's, k?"

How you doing stranger? I've been off for a while. My bad.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The set up is interesting--it's poetic and song-like but written out like prose. Tells a lot about the history of the characters in a brief snippet of their interaction. Very nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The 'he said' - 'she said' dialog worked out quite well in this write. Something I would have never imagined would work. A nice slow and steady progression & unforced rhyme, made for a most enjoyable read. Never have I found frostbite so beautiful to read...Just a silly play on your title, of course. Which by the way, is perfect!

I admire your style of writing ~ Nicely penned...

Posted 15 Years Ago


No place has ever felt more like home. - This is honestly true of love, isn't it? Very nicely written and very beautifully done. Great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I just read. If when I'm done I feel something..good..or bad. I like it. I liked this, alot. Although I find it weird saying my favorite writer is no-one. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


This reminds me of something I've read here recently. Two writers, maybe worlds apart, have captured the sadness of looking back over the brink of goodbye.

You've drawn this glimpse into 'where we are now' beautifully. Lost and found and goodbye and hello, if only for a moment, come to life in your words.

Posted 15 Years Ago


So romantic. All who are still in love with ex's wish just such a thing to happen. I often wonder if it ever does.

The format was not typical of poetry, but it worked none the less. It even had the rhyme and rhythm.

Overall very nice piece, full of hope and longing. Much enjoyed. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this! I could totally see a 1940's detective voice over for this. There was a bit of mystery and romance. I love the line, "I was lost in her city." So many meanings in that one line. Great work!

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

812 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 10, 2008
Last Updated on April 17, 2008

Author

No one
No one

Montreal



About
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." Leo Tolstoy * * * * .. more..

Writing
The Seer's Tent The Seer's Tent

A Story by No one



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..