Wars

Wars

A Poem by Toribird
"

This is about a fight going on between my Aunt and Uncle and my Grandparents. Its gone from a family fight into a war.

"
Sitting. Just huddled in a chair wishing that you were anywhere else.
Voices. Talking in bitter tones about a person who means so much to you.
Laughing. Scorn pointed in their direction for not understanding or being the "better man".
Quiet. A moment of remorse on the happy days when it was all fine and we could have a happy Christmas together with the smallest of tiffs. 
Raised voices. It sounds like shouting in your ears as they talk trash and talk about the gruesome fight that has plagued your world for the last nine months.
Cries. The crying of an unborn child that refuses to come into the harsh environments that its parents have created with their own kin.
War. The three letter word that will break all of us down and ruin the place we call home. 

© 2010 Toribird


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

460 Views
Added on May 14, 2010
Last Updated on May 14, 2010
Tags: War, family, Warmwhispers, kirabird, kira, poem, anger, pain, cries, sitting, child, voices, laughing, scorn, quiet, raised, frustration

Author

Toribird
Toribird

Conifer, CO



About
Well. Hi. =) You can all me Kira or bird. Kirabird is the name one of my very close friends give me. Its a mix between a nickname and my real name. You will never guess which is which. =) I am a dance.. more..

Writing
Pretending Pretending

A Poem by Toribird


A Dying Man A Dying Man

A Poem by Toribird