For you.

For you.

A Poem by Toribird
"

A tragic tale of loves.

"
You.
You pushed and you pulled until I finally gave away what could be hardly noticed as a heart and more like a shriveled piece of trash that has been though a lot for what would appear to be a young age. I know I complain but when your I love you seems fake then I can't help wondering if the distance is worth all the tears and the fights. I feel so stupid when i find myself wondering what your doing and wanting to talk to you and then finding myself wishing I wasn't and that I could let you go just so I could fling around with other people and try new things all on my own. but its to late for that your here and your here to stay.

You.
You called me princess and said you would never leave me but I ask you this where are you now? The truth is that i waited to long to tell you how I felt and missed the change to tell you that I cared and never wanted to leave. I had a dream the other night that you held me close but when I woke up I was in a dark room with no warmth at all just sad frozen tears on my cheeks and with an anger that sparked so hot that it could melt the tears and finally cause them to fall. How dare my mind lie to me and tell me that you had returned when you never will?

You.
You are dead. I loved you with all my heart. My first love. You only lasted me about a year until you decided to be come stupid and let a weak immune system over come your own personal strength and make you leave me. I hated you for years for leaving but some of theses days I just find myself missing the way you would stand on top of a park bench and yell to the world that you were someday going to marry me, and a foolish young girl believed you. You broke your promise to return for me and take me away. One day you just left and never came back and I was left with old letters, a few emails, a picture and the sound of your voice.

You.
You are an idiot. I gave myself to you only to be let down and forgotten. You claim to always be too busy for me but then come running back saying you are loyal. I like you and I admit that. I have told you a million times but my patience is wearing thin and my hour glass is running out of sand. Time is something I cannot get back and maybe its time for me to stop playing a game that in so many ways resembles Risk, and Monopoly. No matter how many men I buy with my points to defend myself its never enough to fend off your army of sweet words, and no matter how many I Hotels I place on my spaces you seem to always skip past jail and go strait to go to continue playing. Both games frustrate me and I seem to always lose them.

You.
You are a child and it drives me insane when you write me a poem that tells me how deep your heart and soul is but then come back by saying something stupid and insulting me to prevent anyone else from noticing that maybe you actually have a soul. You make me want to kick kittens and slap sense into you until you cry and tell me that I have been right the entire time. I'm sorry but I hate your split personality and I would rather not be afraid to look at you in fear the snake may lash out at me but you draw me back with your serpent tongue that hisses off sweet words.

And Last but not least... You.
You are a wreck and you know it. Why do you question all of these people when you have just as much wrong and we both know that when you drove home tonight all of this is what you were thinking about not your driving. Idiot. Night time is bad for you and you are scared of everything and its so stupid. Do you see the people you have listed above? You see faults in all of them but part of you wishes they would all come back to you and to not have left. Its silly how flimsy your heart is and although you crave love you also doubt it exists and consider the fact that maybe living with a few horses, cats, dogs, and maybe a chinchilla isnt such a bad idea. Hypocrite.

© 2011 Toribird


Author's Note

Toribird
Haha yeah

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on July 9, 2011
Last Updated on July 9, 2011

Author

Toribird
Toribird

Conifer, CO



About
Well. Hi. =) You can all me Kira or bird. Kirabird is the name one of my very close friends give me. Its a mix between a nickname and my real name. You will never guess which is which. =) I am a dance.. more..

Writing
Pretending Pretending

A Poem by Toribird


A Dying Man A Dying Man

A Poem by Toribird