My Niña

My Niña

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

I don't need a ship to travel around the world.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My Niña

 

 

My eyes hurt. I needed rest.

 

But there was so much to savor

 

So many riches to quest

 

All those marvels to favor

 

 

That night, I lay in my bed

 

Book-pages spattered with colors

 

Golden, mulberry, crimson red

 

 

The sheets beneath me like Aladdin's carpet

 

Gliding to realms, a peek into dreams

 

Christopher Columbus would envy me.

 

© 2011 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
Erm, actually I do need a ship to travel the world. I'm so sick of this town. I was just trying to comfort myself with this write. lol. Comments and reviews are appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

books were always me refuge

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it's beautiful, really beautiful, i like the poem so much!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Alright, I have to admit, I'm jelous of that child, wishing i too could ride away on a magic carpet ^^ what adventures would lie ahead for us. I love it. The poem is wonderful. Keep working your magic and becoming an amazing writer climbing up those steps we all have to walk to achieve greatness ^^. I'm cheering for you ^^.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I especially enjoyed this part.
"That night, I lay in my bed
Book-pages spattered with colors
Golden, mulberry, crimson red"
We all need some escape from our lives/location at some point. I like how you made this poem simple and easy to relate to. It had a smooth and streamlined read about it...making it a wonderful read. I enjoyed this read alot. Good job with this

Posted 13 Years Ago


the escape is nice... too bad our sheets weren't Aladdin's carpet.. we would be able to enjoy adventures anytime we wanted to.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful. I thought it was interesting that you used the Spanish word for child who is a girl. This leads me to assume that you are refuring to a wonderful little girl.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A nice perspective here. I love to travel too without budging a inch..I would like to escape here and there, now and then with all my imagination, experiences and wikipedia (LOL).It helps.. I understand the philosophy behind this poem and it's right. Why should we waste time, energy and money going too many places when traveling this way, we are neither disappointed nor over exercised..Well done..Loved the Chris Columbus reference..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Haha! Yes, sometimes we do need to escape from where we are right now. To relax, unwind, and forget our little queries for a while. We deserve to wander! But there are times we just can't, we have to stay at home and endure the pain of being there :))

I understand how you feel. Lol! I too would want to travel far from here.

It's a good thing you know how to comfort yourself from writing. That helps a lot and you have written a nice poem out of it :D sure that works!

Posted 13 Years Ago


short and sweet but awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love it.! i could freaking imagine what you were writing.!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

973 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 11, 2010
Last Updated on March 5, 2011
Tags: reading, fun, writing, travelling

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..