Crystal Droplets and Fire

Crystal Droplets and Fire

A Chapter by YouoweYoupay
"

It was a war for the strong. We shouldn't have drifted along...

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Crystal Droplets and the Immortal Fire

 

 

 

This time, the roar that followed the streak of flashing light in the sky beneath us sounded almost mournful. Irritating heavy drops of rain plunged upwards. My torn out wings lay scattered and soaked beneath her shredded ones, the loose feathers half-plucked-out giving into the exhaling wind one by one.

 

"For God's sake, Aysha, you're not helping! Pull yourself up!" I called out angrily, defying the storm. She hung onto the crumbling edge and with a half-hearted groan scrambled against the pointy rocks.  Blue, swollen skin grew above the fingers agonizingly clenched around her wrist. The sharp throb in my bleeding back worsened, but I wouldn't even dare to breathe properly; terrified her hand might completely slip.

 

It was a war for the strong. We shouldn't have drifted along with those Malaika (angel warriors). I emphasized the blame on my deteriorating self.

 

"Let go.", her feeble hiss was carried with the wind, "You'll fall…"

 

"N-no, Stop being so crazy!", I said collecting the remaining flickers of strength into my shivering hand, "Yakob will rescue us."

 

The swirling splotches of grey and black in the sky beneath her dangling feet seemed determined, as her wrist skimmed from my fingers. Is that it? Is this how you take her away from me? I internally panicked. My heart rate was unevenly fast it could almost slip down with her. Aysha could see it in my eyes, forcing the minimum place she could find for a smile. She had already abandoned the chance of both of us getting out alive out of this.

 

"See?" she weakly said, barely moving her free arm to motion her head, "I let it grow like you told me to." I glanced at the slightly overgrown locks of her pixie-do, then back at her evading fingers, wishing I could heat her up with my sincere flesh, and placidly inhale the scent of her soap once again.

 

"It's beautiful.", I told her slightly smiling back, biting my lower lip, as tears rapidly made their way up and away from my eye frames.

 

The streak of light flashed one more time as Aysha's last finger was forcefully detached from mine. She swooped down into the mournfully roaring sky, the sweet smile never departing her face. The edge supporting my weight collapsed downwards before I could react, my eyes still focused on the cruel swirls of grey and my arms stretched in the air hoping to reach low enough to clasp her hands. We would sink away together. The rain slowly deceased and my sight was buried beneath the tangled locks of my long hair.

 

"Caught you!", a familiar voice announced in relief before I could realize what had just happened; Aysha's face had disappeared and so had all the rocks beneath me. Two powerful, bronze arms tightly seized my waist. My insipid eyes widened beneath my hair and, without turning around, I recognized the scent and the flutter instantly.

 

"Let go of me... LET ME GO!" I failed to bite back a frantic scream as I shook my head and long, dripping hair away from my face and violently scuffled against the bare male thighs and legs close behind me.

 

"Hey, hey!", he said in between the kicks, "You're safe now. I'm taking you home."

 

"I SAID LET GO!", I bent downwards still kicking and screeching and my foot hit something critical behind me.

 

Yakob groaned in pain, slightly shrinking and I almost shook him off me, prepared to embrace the cold air below, but he easily dragged my arm up, and turned my body around so that I could face him.

 

"You...b*****d!" I cried, avoiding his glare, helplessly trying to unlock my wrists from his stagnant grip. "Why the f**k did it have to be me!? You should have saved us both..." My lungs could not keep up with all the rage and pithy sounds made their way up my icy gorge in between the tears. Yakob pulled my head closer to his heated chest. "You...f*****g b*****d!" The illusionary power in my fists was absorbed by his ribs. "You fu-" My frenzy was cut off and a weak snivel came out instead. My charge was nearly emptied.

 

"I know you want her back. I'm sorry." he whispered, not sure what else to say. I gave into his comforting caresses. My eyes closed down on the hateful swirls of grey and my body loosened in Yackob's clinch.

 

The regulated, slow flutter of Yackob's wings woke me up. The air around me was getting unkindly cold, even when a warm chest with the sound of a beating heart supported my half-conscious form. My head drooped backwards and my neck felt uncomfortable. I winced at the persistent throb of my back where my wings had been slashed. My eyelids lifted up and down on an image of tiny flakes of pure white.

 

"I thought you'd died." Yackob's peculiar, violet eyes focused on the airline as he spoke. I hated it when he tried to be light-hearted at the wrong time.

 

 My pupils involuntarily frowned, turning to a low corner and a bitter tear flickered down into the murky winter sky. Gravity had switched course of the rain and snow again.

 

Aysha...Seek out this crystal tear I sent you. Recognize it. Then maybe you could ascend through the mist, and ask the snowflakes and hail about me. So they would show you the way back home...back into my incomplete arms...around our undying fireplace.

 



© 2012 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
I'm not so satisfied with the title *tilts head*...If you think you could come up with a better one, then be my guest. Gimme your suggestions :]

Comments, review, and corrections are appreciated.

*Image_2 by: Iribel

*Link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=pendulous#/d15wfxj

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very captivating read! This was full of twists and turns, and had a really high level of intensity. I loved the dialogue in this piece, and thought that it definitely helped in making me, as the reader, feel as though I was being transported straight into the heart of the story. The ending was a particular highlight for me, and I thought that the last sentence was absolutely beautiful. Nice write,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow... wow... my brain is so astounded that I think wow is the only word besides COMPLETELY AMAZING that can project from my mind... 100/100... going in library!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


as far as the title, you could possibly have left it at crystal droplets. the immortal fire didn't seem necessary, but hey, that's just my view

this was truly a great and heartbreaking story. it leaves me wondering, though, how things progressed to this point. still, very moving

Posted 13 Years Ago


Greatly Written! I was hooked on every word :D Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is good, but it could use a reading aloud as I think that will help you find areas to improve.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh wow, Wella. This is...there isn't even a strong enough word to describe the way I feel about this. Amazing...spectacular...breathtaking...phenomenal...none of them seem to fit, to give the appropriate amount of credit. You just absolutely never fail to surprise me to the point of profound awe. I get lost in every word that you write. Your poetry, your short stories, your books. I was so wrapped up in this story that by the end I was sobbing, clinging to one of the most beautifully written paragraphs I have ever read. Your talent is ensnaring.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Loved it!
It sounds to be about Fallen Angels? I love stories about angels or demons that don't have that whole religious thing completely attached.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, you caught my attention from the beginning. I actually had to read this peice twice to get the real experience of this peice. Wow, your writing amazes me. You bring out so much emotion in your writing. I agree, I love the last paragraph, it was a great ending to an amazing peice of writing. keep writing, I want more! haha.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aysha...poor thing. You should make this into a book. I'd love it, buy it, read it, re-read it, re-re-read it, do a book report on it, put it on my shelf, pick it up 5 seconds later, and re-re-re-read it! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked it. Maybe you could have explained a little bit better what was going on, because I didn't get until the end that they were angels (I think). And I agree, the title doesn't need to be changed. It's perfect the way it is. Another great write on your part.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very captivating.
The title is nice, It doesn't need to be changed from my view. The cursing doesn't really fit, but it's your story not mine.. The stormy weather theme is amazing. I hope you continue this soon.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1333 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 19, 2010
Last Updated on October 11, 2012
Tags: love, loss, tragedy, angel falling


Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Secret Secret

A Poem by YouoweYoupay


Milagro Milagro

A Story by Treo LeGigeo