Scentless

Scentless

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

You are one insensitive, scentless flower.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Scentless

 

We are in an unending search for affection, faith, and acceptance.

 

And the longer a solo flower remains in denial to its need for another amidst the fields of God, the paler its petals appear, wilting with the unfriendly winds preceding a storm.

 

"You are one insensitive, scentless flower." the wind hisses against the fragile, half-hearted, loose petals..

 

There are days when we refuse the soothing touch of the summer rain, or the persistent, cheerful embrace of the spring breath.

 

We do not need to be loved by Earth's nature, for we lack the capacity to smile back at its unconditional kisses and hushed, sheltering breath. We'd rather not owe it later, because we would be penniless still. We would know not the ways to tend the pitiable, dried out leaves of the trees in the autumn, and we are afraid we would not recognize its weeping frosted limbs in the winter. We would know not the ways to return the favor.

 

We would stare at the shards of love reflected in the mirror of a pond with tears of mangled human emotions slowly freezing in trails on our stained skin. And the vanishing spring would stare back at us with bitter broken tears of widowed gratitude.

 

© 2010 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
Comments, reviews, corrections, greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

*Image by ~Fallenangels94

*Link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=sad+flower#/d1gsj4b

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

loved the way you put emotions in very word...some words jus came alive and were dancing on my screen...vivid emotions!!! the best was: bitter broken tears of widowed gratitude!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The imagery of this poem is nice and I love it really much. I love how you used the nature and put it into this poem, and it really beautiful! Its a very beautiful style of write, and its a deep poem, you had told a great story!

Amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


You made me wonder if I was that scentless flower blowing in that horrid storms winds. Your writing is beautiful. Absolutely!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was incredibly deep and very thorough. You write wonderfully.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Absolutely beautiful... Good work, I loved it all the way! 100

Posted 13 Years Ago


FANTASTIC, perfect, powerful and a delight to read. 100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago


A powerful and beautiful poem. I like when nature is used to make a poem stronger and a point more clearer. You told a very good story using the gifts of nature.
"We do not need to be loved by Earth's nature, for we lack the capacity to smile back at its unconditional kisses and hushed, sheltering breath. We'd rather not owe it later, because we would be penniless still. "
A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


There are lots of things around us we don’t see and some we choose to ignore. I see a lot of insight in this piece. Excellent write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What an overwhelming word on our experience... feeling this darkly lit music washing over our solitude and sorrow... This carries such a vivid imagry of life on the edge...

Posted 13 Years Ago


this poem! this is the great beauty and truth of the universe... the imagery, the personification, the so-very-real thoughts that flicker through each word and every mark of punctuation...astounding, my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

995 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on December 17, 2010
Last Updated on December 17, 2010
Tags: lonely, flower, sad, love, faith, tears, pain, loss

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..