Command: Delete

Command: Delete

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

Message: Existing memory of a Smile: 1%

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Command: Delete

 

 

The faded digital screen emits a gentle light.

Gracefully incised metal fingers silently touch the air, scrolling to the next nostalgic image.

 

The footage of a rosy fifteen year old girl plays. She had fallen backwards and away from her desk, chocking on laughter, and embarrassed by mildly teasing remarks, awkwardly tangled in between the arms of a broken chair.

 

The indifferent electronic features of the artificial viewer almost frown as the screen is lit again, with an unpleasant image of three glum sisters and a single parent, a recently abandoned mother faking a smile in between.

 

Command: Delete.

 

Confirm Delete: Are you sure you want to remove the file and move it to the Recycle Bin?

 

Command: Yes.

 

A routine of agreeable and repulsive is repeated and so is the previous command:

 

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

Command: Delete

 

Error: Some files could not be removed. They are either corrupt or are being used by another program.

 

Command: Format Local Disk (c:)

Confirm Format: Are you sure you want to reformat Local Disk (c:)?

 

Command: Yes.

 

Message: 98% of Local Disk (c:) has been successfully reformatted.

Existing memory: 1%

 

The human-like intelligent eyes stare at a blank screen. For months, years; through the seasons and insignificant human affairs, wars, peace, and the closing stages of their world.

 

A stern lump of metal ruins are sitting below a cliff by the shore, faceless, scrunched and rusted it's vital core reactivated by the touch of an odd invader, now inhabitant of the reviving land.

 

Command: View existing files:

Message: Existing Memory of a Smile: 1%

© 2011 YouoweYoupay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wish I could do this at times. This poem was truly creative.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was so amazing how you combined computer technology into a poem... outstanding job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like. The drawing is awesome (from one drawer to another).

Symbolism of technology's coming of power and its subsequent control over anything that had once resembled anything human? Not sure... just my interp.

Had to re-read to fully grasp. Reading it a second time I felt I had a better understanding and it made it much more enjoyable.

Last paragraph is still confusing me... but I like that.. makes me think a little harder.

-AT.

Posted 13 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

868 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on April 2, 2011
Tags: love, memories, poem, human, feelings, sadness, sorrow, ghost, death, wars, story, robots

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Biting Back Biting Back

A Poem by Bubo


He and I He and I

A Poem by Bubo