Anastasia

Anastasia

A Chapter by YouoweYoupay
"

Miraculous...I thought.

"

 

 

Anastasia

 

 

 

The steady beep-beep proved I did not die. That aroma… reminded me of vaccines pierced through a painful syringe, unadorned bonbons, and a carefree man in a lab coat.

 

Of all people, he was there, beside me.

 

I did not indulge in the bliss of Anastasia like many patients would. I always thought sleeping deprived me of important events. Specifically the one I had opened my eyes to.

 

I wanted to keep pretending I was still unconscious fearing the removal of his big bronze hand from mine, but he had already greeted me with the smile I had known very well above the slightly curved nose.

 

"Trevor…" my eyelids involuntarily squeezed. The shrill pain in my abdomen scolded me for trying to speak.

 

"Sh. Don't." he too scolded me with a squeeze around my hand, "Blair, I don't know how you managed not dry out of blood loss."

 

"…Sorry." The words slowly rolled in my mouth.

 

"For what? For being an idiot?"

 

I nodded pinning down a grin, "...The kid," I glanced having remembered, "Wher-Where's he? ... He's not--"

 

"Not at the morgue." The warmth in his hand pulled away. I wanted it to stay but he belonged to someone else now, "The bullet missed his head by a hair strand." Miraculous, I thought.

 

"Miraculous, isn't it? How you thoughtlessly ventured to save him when you were the one who promised to 'bring back his head on a plate." 



© 2011 YouoweYoupay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree it was intresting...i wonder what happened?

Posted 12 Years Ago


A interesting tale in this chapter. Left a lot of mystery for the reader. I need to know the who, why, where, when and how now? A strong ending to the chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2011
Last Updated on October 14, 2011
Tags: story, science fiction, psychology, love, hate, pain, belonging, future, mystery, drama, action


Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay